Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Bone Shaker" (Ford Fairlane)

WolfmanJedd

Man, this one kicked my butt. I was trying to go with old stock car racer look, but the black paint (which I now know is very difficult to work with) got really dirty and of course, I frosted the glass again (I now use glass glue!). So I panted the windows red and rusted it up. The skull and numbers, lettering etc. I hand painted. I like how it looks, but it is certainly a basket case. I even lost the radiator hose... Ah, the learning process.

DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0666.JPG

DSC_0659.JPG

DSC_0665.JPG

DSC_0667.JPG

DSC_0656.JPG

To my eye, it turned out pretty well!  It certainly has a "bad a_ _" look to it!  I might suggest you dull-down the chrome on those bumpers and grill a bit; they almost look like newer replacement parts unless that was the look you were going for on them.  I hope you post more pics of that Freightliner in the Truck section on the forum; it looks really good, too!

4 hours ago, TooOld said:

For having a messed up paint job that's a pretty good save , it looks great !  The rust and hand lettering look correct for that type of race car .

Buy a can of Testors Dull-Cote , it works wonders on  those shiny tires .:D

I agree!