Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jet Powered Train / Dragster : On The Workbench 2/8/18

John Teresi

Hi John,  2 things come to mind, first one, I have no idea what a rocket anything should look like but whatever it is, I'm sure you're nailing it.  Second, your use of the archer decals and the weathering skills you've applied to your tanks add such a wonderful level of detail / realism.  Kudos sir.   tim

Hello.......Hi Guys,thank you very much for checking in and for the kind comments I really do appreciate them:)........I used a Star Wars Anakin Podracer ,that my friend Bob AKA "Back Seat Bob" gave me......I had to lengthen and modify it to look the part......I added some hoses and plumbing and used "Pro Tech " nut and bolt ends and Rubber fuel line.......I painted it Alclad  and Tamiya Titanium and added a light wash.......I also used a Paul Rowe resin Optima Battery......I made the terminals out of styrene  and used "Pro Tech" detailing wire, spark plug wire and nut and bolt ends.......BTW ,Art Laski  with "Laski Scale Specialties" sells a line of "Pro Tech" products go here 

http://www.laskiscale.com

I still need to add a little more plumbing and electrical to the engine......thanks for looking

DSCF0640_zpspzvo8znt.jpg

DSCF0649_zpsat27h5mr.jpg

DSCF0648_zpsnynfgjeq.jpg

DSCF0644_zpsvktk6etz.jpg

DSCF0643_zps9mnwfkla.jpg

It's amazing the vision you have taking something from pieces of plastic to such realistic looking finished pieces.
just when I wonder what will John do next, the next incredible installment arrives.

Thanks John for making me log in every day to see what's next !

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments .......I really do appreciate them:)........the chassis is done .......I added  a "Pro Tech" 5 point seat belt harness, that my buddy Chris Sobak: AKA "Mooneyes" gave me.......I weathered the belts a little .......I Painted the Roll Bar Alclad.........Got the battery installed  .......I painted the steering wheel ,brake and hand controls Alclad and added "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends and rubber fuel line........My buddy Raul hooked me up with a few lights that will light up the Cab,train light and the rear of rocket engine.....I added some RB motion AN fittings to the water tank and "Pro Tech" braided line.......I will paint the body next......thanks for looking.

DSCF0663_zps8zk8upcj.jpg

DSCF0664_zps2wmmn6hf.jpg

DSCF0693_zps4ggs3nla.jpg

DSCF0677_zpsjijfayvs.jpg

DSCF0676_zpsqrpxfyjc.jpg

Wow, looks like you already got the engine running! :P Incredible work as always, all details are done just right. Again, I'm impressed by the subtle weathering, your weathering is always done so well that it adds a lot realism, but doesn't make the parts look dirty. Very nice work.