Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, this sums it up nicely........

Joe Handley

19 minutes ago, slusher said:

I don't miss snow. We had one 6 inch snow lasted a week...

We got just enough that my office closed as well as the one in Iowa, luckily working for a lawn company that doesn't do much this time of year (we don't do plowing), we have other call centers in warmer areas that can handle the volume, and they'd rather we be safe than risk coming to work in bad conditions.

18 minutes ago, Joe Handley said:

I spent a at least a few hours of my "snow day" clearing the driveway and back yard with both a shovel (and help from my neighbor's kid, very grateful for that!) and snowblower.  I then had a late lunch and crashed for at least a few hours in the evening.

When I was young in Chicago snow was an opportunity to make model money and summer cut grass. I took what ever they wanted to give me. Glad you had some help most kids here don't want to work... 

1 minute ago, slusher said:

When I was young in Chicago snow was an opportunity to make model money and summer cut grass. I took what ever they wanted to give me. Glad you had some help most kids here don't want to work... 

He's a teenager, he just comes out and grabs a shovel then starts pushing! The doctor that came to the house for a house visit with Mom told me that he appreciated that we had the drive, walkway, and front steps cleared form him when he got here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, High octane said:

I think that see saw weather happens at some time or another almost anywhere in the U.S.A.

Yea I agree,but 75 in Feb,that's weird.Everyone was running around in shorts and tank tops.And today we are walking around with winter coats.?Hmmm

16 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yea I agree,but 75 in Feb,that's weird.Everyone was running around in shorts and tank tops.And today we are walking around with winter coats.?Hmmm

This past Tuesday was quite warm as I just had a windbreaker on instead of my winter jacket. At the barbershop there were guys in their shorts and some in T-shirts too. Today the weather is in the miid-30's.

Tuesday was surreal..was sunny and 72 at 4pm--I  was driving w/ my sunroof open, not wearing a coat, saw people out and about in shorts and t-shirts.   Yesterday it was 36 and raining at 4pm Today, it's cold--had freezing rain and snow this morning--now the sun is out.  Very spring like weather for February..

1 hour ago, High octane said:

This past Tuesday was quite warm as I just had a windbreaker on instead of my winter jacket. At the barbershop there were guys in their shorts and some in T-shirts too. Today the weather is in the miid-30's.

I'm on my lunch right now, and the car is saying 39°, but it feels like a really chilly 39° right now.