Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:12 AM, 89AKurt said:

Love to see you progressing!

Better finish, before you get the urge to modify it, after seeing the latest version, the Huayra BC Macchina.  Look at all the scratch-building opportunities!

Thanks, Kurt!, the BC isn't really my cup of tea, I like the smooth, simplified lines of the Huyara, it more aptly reflects its name; Wind, or god of. However, I would love to build one of these!!..........maybe I will

pagani-huayra-shooting-brake-rendered-as-front-engined-frankenstein-122707-7.jpg

29 minutes ago, Quick GMC said:

I was so excited to get this kit with the hobby design kit, then looked at all the parts and I realized I wasn't quite ready for it. Your build is looking incredible 

Is this the 1/24 Pagani Huayra Detail Set for Aoshima kits (PE+Resin+Metal parts+Metal Logo) you got?   Even though I already have the Aoshima photo-etch and Fineline aluminum parts, was thinking about doubling down on making my obsession worse.

Dann: My 2006 MINI Cooper had a secret glove box that a Glock fit perfect into.  Speaking of which, are you going to make the glove box openable, has a belt buckle too, correct?

18 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

Is this the 1/24 Pagani Huayra Detail Set for Aoshima kits (PE+Resin+Metal parts+Metal Logo) you got?   Even though I already have the Aoshima photo-etch and Fineline aluminum parts, was thinking about doubling down on making my obsession worse.

Dann: My 2006 MINI Cooper had a secret glove box that a Glock fit perfect into.  Speaking of which, are you going to make the glove box openable, has a belt buckle too, correct?

yes that one. Worth the money. It has brass PE for the rear suspension framing. Really cool stuff

2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

That's cool!, I was referring to my Sig Saur 716 AR-10....lol    I don't really like to make functional parts, somebody always wants to see it work, and that's always a step closer to it breaking some day. In fact, sometimes I will just glue things shut, and my new thing is to always glue passenger doors shut when the kit comes with opening doors. I will be scratch-building the front, and rear cowl tie-down straps.

Been at the bench all day today, and got the entire interior done, minus the guage cluster, but that will also be done in a short while. Let me try to remember everything I did here; Scratchbuilt things....."lunchbox" handles, 4 zipper-pulls, seatbelts, "lunchbox" tie-down sraps with snaps, that attach to the bottom of the rear speaker pods, seat adjustment levers, the floormats turned-out pretty perf, if I say so myself. I also added the LED lights that are behind the door-pulls, and I used photo-etch "Pagani" emblems across all my speakers. as well as on the floormats. I added screws to the steering column, and both the top, and bottom of the center column itself.

DSCF5440.JPG

DSCF5441.JPG

DSCF5442.JPG

DSCF5444.JPG

DSCF5445.JPG

DSCF5449.JPG

DSCF5450.JPG

DSCF5451.JPG

DSCF5452.JPG

I just got done with the front suspension unit, til it get attached to the interior tub, then a little bit more wiring. I wont wire up the fans, because it WONT be seen from any angle when finished......the wires are black anyway. Next will be wiring up the rear suspension and powerplant!

DSCF5470.JPG

DSCF5472.JPG

DSCF5474.JPG

DSCF5476.JPG

DSCF5478.JPG

DSCF5480.JPG

DSCF5482.JPG

DSCF5483.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass