Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

3 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Wow, what a wild looking body. A super car for sureB)

Sorry, Scott, didn't mean to not reply back......yes it is!, and by the way, I was totally serious about your Ferrari build!!....I love it!!

Forgot to share these reference photos of the "notched-out" vents that allow the support bar to be there. The crazy thing is that if yiu look at the cowl to your kit, there is a mold seam EXACTLY where, and how this notch should be??!!!  -Did they accidently fill it in, or were they messing with us?!....lol

pagani-huayra-14_0.jpg

SH-PAGANI05-019.jpg

Such an awesome kit, its a shame that Aoshima really screwed it up with all the ill fitting body panels, you are doing a wonderful job,  I want to get another one as the first I did I butchered it to hell and back to get everything to fit.

I might PM you sometime Dann to get some notes from you :lol:

7 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Such an awesome kit, its a shame that Aoshima really screwed it up with all the ill fitting body panels, you are doing a wonderful job,  I want to get another one as the first I did I butchered it to hell and back to get everything to fit.

I might PM you sometime Dann to get some notes from you :lol:

thanks, Jonathan!,  After seeing ALL the built ones coming out with horrible fit problems, I decided to help people with it, so if can help, that's what i'm here for!!

I might have missed this, what are we planning on body paint and clear ???.....ie. colors/ brands

I have been pondering starting out my next build with the body paint, decals and clear rather than leave it to the end...that way if I screw up, haven't wasted time super detailing the engine and such

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Got the gap with the front cowl fixed!!!!...it went GREAT!!, now its time for that HORRIBLE mess in the back end.......everything is EXACTLY where its suppose to be, and its a HORRIBLE gap!!  There is only ONE option, and its gonna take a bit of work...doable though, but we SHOULDNT have too.

DSCF5761.JPG

DSCF5763.JPG

DSCF5762.JPG

DSCF5764.JPG

DSCF5766.JPG

DSCF5769.JPG

DSCF5770.JPG

2 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

I might have missed this, what are we planning on body paint and clear ???.....ie. colors/ brands

I have been pondering starting out my next build with the body paint, decals and clear rather than leave it to the end...that way if I screw up, haven't wasted time super detailing the engine and such

I will be painting it Duplicolor Pewter Metallic, with three coats of their clear, topped with 1-2 coats of Tamiya clear.

9 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

thanks, Jonathan!,  After seeing ALL the built ones coming out with horrible fit problems, I decided to help people with it, so if can help, that's what i'm here for!!

I built mine just shortly after it came out , so, there was no one that had figured out how to fix the issues yet :lol:

2 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I built mine just shortly after it came out , so, there was no one that had figured out how to fix the issues yet :lol:

I tried to build one as soon as they were available, so I ordered mine from a local hobby shop....you know, to support them, but after a year went by with no call, I ordered my own, and got it from Japan in a week!....and they wonder why people are doing online sales........?

41 minutes ago, aurfalien said:

Hi,

This is looking super super super cool.

Love your building steps and style, I'm taking notes.

Thanks, Brian!!...take as many as you want!!!, by the way, I haven't forgotten about you, I will be sending you those wheels & tyres VERY soon!!!

21 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Brian!!...take as many as you want!!!, by the way, I haven't forgotten about you, I will be sending you those wheels & tyres VERY soon!!!

Hello and no worries.

I'm in my own hell messing up decals and stripping paint jobs!

I have OUTSTANDING news for everyone!!!,  the rear bumper wasn't that bad at all to fix!!!!.....easier than the front cowl actually!!   After staring at it for a few hours to see how I was going to have to "hack it up" just to make it right, I had Tina check it out. She helped me figure-out, that all you have to do is slide the bumper back off the factory belly-pan contact, and push the bumper up to meet the rear cowl........that was it!!!!!!   -Man do I LOVE my Tina!!!!   all I have to do is slightly close the gaps on the corners the same way I did on the front, and she's ready for paint!!!!

DSCF5776.JPG

DSCF5774.JPG

DSCF5771.JPG

DSCF5772.JPG

DSCF5777.JPG

Now I have STRANGE news for everyone; after adding the styrene to fill the gap at the rear bumper/cowl, I began to sand, and noticed that I had sanded off ALL that I added!!, and that the bumper had slipped back to its factory contact spot on the belly pan........everything fit as it should!??!!, so now, scratching my head, I decided she's ready for paint. I also decided to add upper supports to the bumper since I don't trust the factory one. What came in handy for figuring where to put the braces, was the fact that the real car has a thin cover that bridges the drive axles, and this is how I did it. See reference photo...

DSCF5779.JPG

DSCF5780.JPG

DSCF5784.JPG

DSCF5778.JPG

DSCF5783.JPG

Pagani-New-Factory-Tour-72.jpg

5 hours ago, fizi said:

Jeez Dann this ones going to a beast when its done. I'm more looking forward to seeing this finished than what I'm building myself at the moment :)

Thanks, Mark!!.......sorry about that, bud, lol

Wow. Just....wow. This is such an undertaking and an unbelievable level of detail. I look at stuff like this and I'm a little jealous of your skills, but at the same time it pushes me to do better work myself.

3 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

Wow. Just....wow. This is such an undertaking and an unbelievable level of detail. I look at stuff like this and I'm a little jealous of your skills, but at the same time it pushes me to do better work myself.

Well said. I think that goes for a lot of us.

Edited by porschercr

8 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

Thanks!, i'm glad you like it, and that it motivates you too!!!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass