Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

Small update here while things dry; working on the air boxes, and I have the trays done, just have to wait a bit before I make the tops , and air filter for them. Also the photo of the rear cowl shows where I need to slightly shave parts to fit. Without shaving them, things still fit perf, but there is absolutely NO room for paint thickness, so that's why i'm gonna shave them. Next I will test fit the inner fender wells.

DSCF5793.JPG

DSCF5794.JPG

DSCF5795.JPG

DSCF5796.JPG

DSCF5792.JPG

Just getting caught up on your build Dann, that issue you had on the rear panel fitment was truly bizarre.  Like you I wouldn't question it and just smile at the fact I wouldn't have to fix it.  Oh but for small victories right?   Looks great and the pics you're posting are fantastic.  cheers, tim

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:46 AM, Bennyg said:

You’re a saint. Been watching this on Facebook. Very much looking forward to the end result.

Ben

Thanks, Ben!!, always appreciate your comments!  -I cant wait til its done either, lol.........I keep finding things to scratchbuild, that's slowing me down!, just got done scratchbuilding the air boxes, air filters, and these two parts that look like cool air ducts, or hot-air release ducts last night.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, Codi said:

Just getting caught up on your build Dann, that issue you had on the rear panel fitment was truly bizarre.  Like you I wouldn't question it and just smile at the fact I wouldn't have to fix it.  Oh but for small victories right?   Looks great and the pics you're posting are fantastic.  cheers, tim

Thanks, Codi!!, because of the stage i'm at, I was able to see what was causing that strange bumper issue. If the rear glue points aren't spot-on, they will slide back just enough to be BARELY noticeable until you put the bumper on. Aoshima should have had a more pronounced contact to stop this issue. Good news is that if it does happen to you, my photos show that its not a big deal, just slide the bumper off its contact, rotate it up to the cowl, and glue her down.

4 hours ago, DiscoRover007 said:

Dan this is an incredible build. Can’t wait to see the body color and all that jazz.

My own question to you is. With all the scratch building and detailing you are doing, why omit carbon fiber decals?

Thanks, James!, the answer is simple; I'm a VERY stubborn Kraut, and nobody can convince me that those decals are down to proper scale, and even if they were, it would be too faint to see with the naked eye, so I like to use metallic paint instead as a simulation.

8 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Yep I gotta agree with you there Dann, I've used Duplicolor black with the gold flake in it, and it looks like 1:25th carbon fiber to me..

Your Pagani is looking great!

Thanks, Bruce!!....Duplicolor is my favorite paint!!!

On May 7, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Dann Tier said:

DSCF5796.JPG

Oh Dann the Man, how can you stand seeing those pulleys and serpentine belt one-piece part?  Don't you *need to* carefully saw those off, turn new pulleys from titanium, and wrap a grooved belt around them?  :P
Loving your progress!

18 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Oh Dann the Man, how can you stand seeing those pulleys and serpentine belt one-piece part?  Don't you *need to* carefully saw those off, turn new pulleys from titanium, and wrap a grooved belt around them?  :P
Loving your progress!

LMAO!!......they would drive me nuts if I knew you could see them when its finished,,,lol, it is VERY hard seeing them like this, even the fuel lines not being hooked up!, but i'll get over it...lol, I'm glad you are liking it!

The last of the scratchbuilt parts is done for the rear assembly, and FINALLY I will be able to permanently attach the parts, as well as the front & rear assemblies, so that I can do the FINAL body fitment. The air filters here are made from real paper, folded to shape, and glued down. I included a photo of the tiny paper bits I used for it.

DSCF5807.JPG

DSCF5812.JPG

DSCF5805.JPG

DSCF5804.JPG

DSCF5810.JPG

DSCF5809.JPG

DSCF5813.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

After seeing this, I snagged a can of Duplicolor metal flake black for upcoming carbon fiber stuff. Thanks for the tip. 

I know I’ve said this at least a couple times, but, this build is stellar. 

Edited by Ich_Will

12 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

After seeing this, I snagged a can of Duplicolor metal flake black for upcoming carbon fiber stuff. Thanks for the tip. 

I know I’ve said this at least a couple times, but, this build is stellar. 

Thanks, again, William!!, glad I can help!....I really like my Duplicolors!!

Got some more done!....all the tweaking is finished!! That freaking rear bumper didn't want to sit on the factory glue point AGAIN!, but that plan "B" I showed you, fits perfectly! The red marks show the tweaking I had to do. Beware of the bumper corners, even though it looks like they have definite contact points, they will move all around. I suggest taping the cowl down, fitting the main bumper piece, and then attach the corners.

DSCF5825.JPG

DSCF5823.JPG

DSCF5824.JPG

DSCF5822.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass