Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 - 1966 Ford F-series reference pics

All  year grills had black trim paint to accent the design both standard cabs with painted grills and custom cabs with aluminum grills. Since we only have '65 and '66 by Moebius, these shots  should help. The black paint usually fades out over time or completely lost when grill is repainted

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bear in mind Hemmings sales listings can disappear without warning, pictures and all.  Listings like this are often discussed on the Hemmings Blog, and sometimes the listings disappear soon after they are posted on the blog, leaving Blog readers like myself wondering what the pictures might have been.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

the old carryover separate styleside box used on  '62-'63 F 100- F 250 2wd, '61-'65 F 100 4x4. '61-'66 F 250 4x4. '61-'66 F 350.  AMT made this bed only one year for the 3 in 1  '60 F 100 kit.  Resins show up from time to time.

47debc_ecefb17bc8e84f42bf95d2940486458e_mv2.webp

IMG_0271.thumb.JPG.b2b0a75f7afbb7b594b69f1b3aca71e7.jpg

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/9/2019 at 6:50 PM, Brian Austin said:

Bear in mind Hemmings sales listings can disappear without warning, pictures and all.  Listings like this are often discussed on the Hemmings Blog, and sometimes the listings disappear soon after they are posted on the blog, leaving Blog readers like myself wondering what the pictures might have been.

Building further on Brian's cautions, I and two of my very good friends who are both car enthusiasts and very knowledgeable auto collectors, have noted that many auction listings on Hemmings and cited in their newsletter are factually incorrect, both in terms of the vehicles themselves and the auction or sell add listing texts.   My advice would be ti tread carefully, and make sure you back up any info gathered from Hemmings listings, with confirmatory research from other, more trusted to be accurate information sources....TIM  

I know there are lots of people who like beaters and junkers here, so here ar e a couple of roahced 65s I've seen locally.  Me and my buddy Chuck Most took a mini road trip to look at the green one. He said it was too rough even for him so thre's that. Lol20210925_124442.jpg

20210925_124435.jpg

20210909_090612.jpg

20210909_090621.jpg

Edited by Metalbeast
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Metalbeast said:

I know there are lots of people who like beaters and junkers here, so here ar e a couple of roahced 65s I've seen locally.  Me and my buddy Chuck Most took a mini road trip to look at the green one. He said it was too rough even for him so thre's that. Lol

No, no... it was the Flareside that was too rough for me. The 250 was right on the edge. The good part is that if I change my mind on the Flareside the guy seems to have it out for sale every couple of months. 🤣

The original paint green F 250 appears to be a "Ford of Canada" build due to its special color, a color not available in U.S. The  originally yellow, to red to blue Flareside is  very rough, much better examples out there.

Edited by leafsprings

• 2 months later...

'66 F 100's used the carryover '61-'65 bottle cap  hubcap when the optional heavy duty 2 piece 15" rim or 17.5" solid rims were used.  The white with red trim paint scheme bottlecap first appeared in '65. Funny how AMT' 3 in 1 kits in particular, kit never came with the optional 15" 2 piece,  the 16"  and the 17.5" solid wheels as options, but there were plenty of extra frivolous  gingerbread pieces in these kits.

IMG_1560.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

IMO, the re issued Revell 56 f 100 or the Monogram 1950 F 1 have the most realistic looking  stock wheels for '61-'65 F 100's ( left side photo). Right side photo is a resin piece off Ebay, it looks very similar to the heavy duty 2 piece 15" rim in previous photo on '66. The optional 2 piece wheels were wider in 1:1.

IMG_1952.JPG

Edited by leafsprings
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great photo ad mike, thanks for sharing. Luckily, we will be getting this bed, at an affordable price, with the new re issue of the '60 F 100. Hope to see many of these done in the future. Rookie Resins built this beautiful F 250 4x4 using the original AMT '60 bed.

64-2.jpg.0d2ee602a7adbfd734ff51c3c4c4b4b3.jpg

Edited by leafsprings