Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your Favorite Top Gear Episodes or Segments?

Dentz

Fans only if we could please? I know not everyone is a fan. Thanks

My favorite is the Alpha Romeo Challenge, followed by Budget super cars (NO, it's not a kit car. It's a Lamborghini....Philistine; James May)

top gear.jpg

Edited by Dentz

There are so many that I can watch again and again. 

The perfect car for 17 year olds.

Or the River Kwai episodes.

The source of the Nile...

The classic car rally, featuring Madison Welch. 

So many great episodes. I need to go back and rewatch some of these on Netflix. It's been a while.

I have watched only a few shows.  The videography is exceptional on the later shows, that's primarily what I was impressed with.  The reviews of the Lamborghini Setso Elemento and Porsche 918 were good.  Now I need to set aside some time to do a proper review.

So many great segments...some of my favorites include Clarkson's tribute to Senna, the Vietnam road trip on scooters, the various car vs train vs motorcycle point-to-point tests across Europe, the Ford GT going across the Mileau viaduct in France....

Perhaps my absolute favorite segment is this Season 13 closer, an ode to the Aston Martin and Clarkson's ruminations on sports cars and driving. The locations, Brian Eno music, cinematography and Clarkson's narration are magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZQHDY1-48

Edited by Rob Hall

6 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Perhaps my absolute favorite segment is this Season 13 closer, an ode to the Aston Martin and Clarkson's ruminations on sports cars and driving. The locations, Brian Eno music, cinematography and Clarkson's narration are magnificent.

The music is, for sure, outstanding (so is the whole Apollo album).

But Clarkson was just SOOOO wrong. Never mind half a dozen faster, more powerful Astons since then; McLaren hadn't even got started on road cars; the P1, LaFerrari and Porsche 918 were still to come; the Veyron Supersports and Chiron went bigger badder and faster, Ferrari had the 599GTO, F12, 812 Superfast, 458 Speciale and 488, FF and GTC, and FXX-K on the way; Pagani hadn't launched the Huayra nor Koenigsegg the Agera or One:1; the new NSX and Supra were still on the drawing boards, and Ford hadn't started thinking about the latest GT. I'm not even gonna try to list the dozen or more Corvette/Camaro/Challenger/Charger Supersport SRT Hellblazer Wildcat Redeye Demon F300s rolled out since 2009. And the electric drivetrain guys like Rimac don't seen to be turning their noses up at making balls-out, unfettered supercars either. Frankly, there have probably been more speed and power record smashing cars that can also be driven on the road by normal people launched since Clarkson made that film than there were in the 20 years before...

best,

M.

I enjoyed all of the shows I had seen. I think many of the car manufactures could have used some of their new car intros for TV commercials. That said you just know that they beat the living daylights out of everything they drove. Now ask yourself, would you buy a late model car knowing that it had been on Top Gear ?  Ya I thought so.