Model Cars Magazine Forum

#3 1969 Rambler SC

Super28

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/29/2019 at 11:04 PM, Super28 said:

Used 44 of these bolt heads to get 20 of them for the wheels. The other 24 went flying somewhere. Sure I'll find them over time, when I don't want to

18.jpg

I moved around some furniture in my model room to install my new paint booth. I have a hardwood floor. I scraped the entire floor area with a business card and put the resulting pile of dust, hair etc into a shoebox lid.., what did I find?  Photo etch wheel weights and seat belt buckles, a kit door handle, several brass dollhouse nails and a few small kit parts I didn’t even realize I was missing!

17 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I moved around some furniture in my model room to install my new paint booth. I have a hardwood floor. I scraped the entire floor area with a business card and put the resulting pile of dust, hair etc into a shoebox lid.., what did I find?  Photo etch wheel weights and seat belt buckles, a kit door handle, several brass dollhouse nails and a few small kit parts I didn’t even realize I was missing!

I have carpet in mine. Hate to vacuum the room cause every time I do it sounds like a machine gun going off. Never find anything when I dump it, but I know there was something in it!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, Super28 said:

I have carpet in mine. Hate to vacuum the room cause every time I do it sounds like a machine gun going off. Never find anything when I dump it, but I know there was something in it!

Put the foot end of a pantyhose over the vacuum hose nozzle, and vacuum away!

It's a challenging kit and the old plastic seems to be very brittle.
But I hate to disappoint you, this kit is not a 1969, it's Jo-Han's 1966 Rambler American kit with decals and a few other parts to make it look like the 1969 Hurst Rambler SC...but the body itself is a 1966.
The rear panel was changed 1967 and the tail lights became taller and narrower and was pretty much the same to 1969, 1968 was side markers mandated wich the kit also doesn't have.