Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROACH COACH

Krazy Rick

2 hours ago, Krazy Rick said:

Hey Jim, I really had problems getting my password to work ... so I figured if I put it in your gallery; it would have been moved into the right section; It must have been deleted by the site operator; for not belonging. ... anyway,I wish CC all the best. I try to spend very little time online & don't normally post my builds; I just thought this one might be of interest, because it is not just so "unusual" , but also because it probably is the first & only 1/25 completed Roach Coach ever. Thanks for helping to make this dream come true !!      

I posted a link up to this thread on the site anyway so everyone can see - its SO cool man, nice job!

That thing with the passwords suddenly not working is a known Proboards issue - a bunch of members on there have got locked out before and had to make new accounts

Oh man that is very cool,  huge props on getting it done.  I have always dug that show car and have been thinking about doing one for the past 7 yrs, but in 1/12 scale, even bought a Tamiya 1/12 Honda RA273  kit  for the engine and chassis. PM coming your way.

Edited by Rider

Rick, Nice build. Think I saw this on an other site  C.C.2 ?

Ed Roth was always one of my favorite custom hot rod designers. Well that was till I found out/saw all the designs "Newt" did.

His renderings from back then are amazing. 

This picture has actually bene my screen saver for a few weeks. What a coincedance :D

roach-vi.jpg

What ever became of this crazy custom.

12 minutes ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Rick, Nice build. Think I saw this on an other site  C.C.2 ?

Ed Roth was always one of my favorite custom hot rod designers. Well that was till I found out/saw all the designs "Newt" did.

His renderings from back then are amazing. 

This picture has actually bene my screen saver for a few weeks. What a coincedance :D

roach-vi.jpg

What ever became of this crazy custom.

Ed Newton did Ed Roth's designs Kurt, you'll notice what was coming out of the Roth Studios after Newton left - major difference. The car is still around & being stored in Ohio right now.

1 hour ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Yup, Newt was the man. ;) Wish the Orbitron had looked half as good as his drawings, as built it was just awkward.

I think the lack of an exposed engine really killed the look & success of that one, but ya; your right - it shows that not all original renderings translate into killer three dimensional forms :rolleyes::D  

WOW!

I can not believe it!  B)

This thing is my holy grail!

The Roach Coach, designed by the master Ed "Newt" Newton, ca. 1972, built by himself (he was actually half-owner of this beast), Dan Woods and Jake Jacobs.(according to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong...)

"A surrealistic cockroach on wheels" or "A kinetic sculpture" is how Newt describes it.

You've done a fantastic job, Rick, hat off, my friend, you have far exceeded my expectations, absolutely wonderful! :wub:

21 hours ago, hobbybobby said:
WOW!

I can not believe it!  B)

This thing is my holy grail!

The Roach Coach, designed by the master Ed "Newt" Newton, ca. 1972, built by himself (he was actually half-owner of this beast), Dan Woods and Jake Jacobs.(according to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong...)

"A surrealistic cockroach on wheels" or "A kinetic sculpture" is how Newt describes it.

You've done a fantastic job, Rick, hat off, my friend, you have far exceeded my expectations, absolutely wonderful! :wub:

Thanks Bobby - I know your a fan of Newt's designs & can appreciate his fantastic imagination !! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...