Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg '34 Ford Roadster Pickup Update #1

Dragonhawk1066

A little progress update on my Lindberg '34 Ford Roadster Pickup. Paint is Testors One Coat Mystic Emerald, with Model Master Leather seat and steering wheel. All the plated parts have been de-chromed (mainly because of poor plating) and will be painted flat black. Decals are leftover from my '41 Willys kit. This generally seems like a poor quality kit with poor plating, lots of flash, and not a lot of pieces. On a positive note the general fit seems ok so far, and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

DSCN2701.JPG

DSCN2817.JPG

DSCN2818.JPG

DSCN2819.JPG

DSCN2820.JPG

10 hours ago, Dave Van said:

COOL!!! Didn't know if anyone else ever did a semi-serous build of that kit......mine...

FORD31PUa.JPG

Thanks, I'm diggin' the color combo on yours. Nice work.

7 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

I built this kit when I was a kid a couple of times a) because it was cheap and b} it was simple and gave instant gratification as a pretty good looking hot rod without much work.

LOL, while the quality of the kit seems cheap, funny thing is this is the most expensive kit I bought so far outside of my 1/16 MPC Shelby Cobra 427. I paid full price at the local hobby shop, kinda makes up for all the kits I got for a reduced price at Ollies, and on Amazon and ebay.

7 hours ago, alan barton said:

Yep, she's a roughie alright but swapping out the wheels and tyres and headlights for something more appropriate, mixed in with some adult modelling skills, can produce a reasonable job.  Love the colour you've chosen, Craig.

IMG_7704.JPG

Thanks, these Testors One Coats are great to work with, I've used 4 of them now and all have turned out great. Yours looks nice, and I really like the color on it.

I like the Flames you added, the green is a little intense and this gives it just enough contrast. After looking at what you have done so far and seeing what others have done with this model I'm looking at it in a new light as far as building one myself. 

On 10/9/2018 at 9:16 AM, Snake45 said:

Very cool! I've recently bought a couple of these old Lindberg crocks and am looking forward to working on them. Drive on! B)

Thanks! There's not much to it so it should be a fun, quick build now that everything is painted.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:24 AM, espo said:

I like the Flames you added, the green is a little intense and this gives it just enough contrast. After looking at what you have done so far and seeing what others have done with this model I'm looking at it in a new light as far as building one myself. 

Thanks! I really like the green, and was on the fence about adding decals since I don't have many to choose from with a limited stash so far. Luckily I just finished the '41 Willys and after testing the size, was very happy that a couple of them  fit and I think the colors work well. Although not the best quality, now that everything is painted, it should go together pretty quickly and so far at least everything seems to fit well.

4 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Your build is looking nice. I love the Testors and Tamiya lacquers(including the OneCoats). They're so easy to work with. i just wish Testors would introduce some new colors

I also have built one of these. Please forgive the rat roddy overtones. it was the style at the time ;)

P1010820

Thanks, a few new colors would be very welcome in the one coat line. Yours looks great with the custom touches, and I love the engine!