Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's the latest Revell North America News

Phildaupho

I could be mistaken, but doesnt HL only add new kits when they basically do a reset or periodically through out year, its not like a LHS that put's them out when they come in, maybe I am wrong and confusing that with the reset they do .  But I do know HL is a little behind getting new kits out on the shelves .

4 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I could be mistaken, but doesnt HL only add new kits when they basically do a reset or periodically through out year, its not like a LHS that put's them out when they come in, maybe I am wrong and confusing that with the reset they do .  But I do know HL is a little behind getting new kits out on the shelves .

Your right, they reset the model aisle twice a year when they get in new releases. Though the Revell shake up has changed that a bit lately. 

3 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

Your right, they reset the model aisle twice a year when they get in new releases. Though the Revell shake up has changed that a bit lately. 

My HL just added the new 68 Chevelle and nothing else. So maybe they are adding kits as they come out sometimes. 

4 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

My HL just added the new 68 Chevelle and nothing else. So maybe they are adding kits as they come out sometimes. 

No 68 Chevelles nor 69 Boss 302s up here in Sacramento yet that I have found. Our one remaining LHS is pretty lame as well.

16 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

I think they have the ability to add and delete spots as new product comes. If they created a bunch of slots only twice a year they could potentially be sitting with holes in their wall for extended periods. Not saying they don't do the reset twice a year, because i know they do it. But I think that is more about doing a refresh so that stores all have their displays relatively the same. For example, I started looking at my store for the AMT 60 Chevy pickup as soon as it hit distributors, no spot carved out on the wall. And then one day the kit was on the shelves in a spot with a sticker. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I think they have the ability to add and delete spots as new product comes. If they created a bunch of slots only twice a year they could potentially be sitting with holes in their wall for extended periods. Not saying they don't do the reset twice a year, because i know they do it. But I think that is more about doing a refresh so that stores all have their displays relatively the same. For example, I started looking at my store for the AMT 60 Chevy pickup as soon as it hit distributors, no spot carved out on the wall. And then one day the kit was on the shelves in a spot with a sticker. 

Interesting about the '60 Chevy pickup, thanks.  In 2 different Hobby Lobbys, I've noticed they still have a space, with inventory sticker, for the Revell "California Wheels" '68 VW Beetle.  I thought that kit was out of production. Wouldn't mind having one, for the stock engine and other useful dune-buggy parts.

One HL had a single VW kit still on the shelves a few months ago.  That HL is a longer drive for me, and I thought if one store had it, then the HL near me would too.  Nope.  Just the bare shelf and sticker in that store.  And when I went back to the other HL, of course, their single VW kit was gone. That'll teach me...

6 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

That would make sense too,  I know it can take HL some time to get new kits it in seems, I can't remember what the kit was, but I was waiting for them to get it, and I think it was close to maybe few months before they finally got it stocked.