Model Cars Magazine Forum

A slightly different Opel Calibra

Madhatter

Hi guys

This is my most recent car build - the Tamiya Calibra DTM. I've painted it black because I personally think it looks much more menacing in Matte Black :D After seeing the Zakspeed version, I got hooked on black cars

I'm not much of a car modeller but I am trying to be better, which is why I joined here to pick up some hints and tips

Without more amble, I present my personalised Calibra

45082158924_2b8192f7c3_c.jpg

43989825090_5274603557_c.jpg

45082160084_ec4166d858_c.jpg

30866818587_7930bba2e4_c.jpg

45082162064_1d76063d32_c.jpg

30866819707_83f2bfd2c0_c.jpg

45082164394_8b41236283_c.jpg

45082157804_ebc4d939f7_c.jpg

I'm open to constructive critique as that will only make me better

Thanks for looking

Si

Edited by Madhatter

thank you guys, I quite liked it myself until I saw that last post, and it's made me want to make a change to it. But for the better

Ismael, that's an excellent idea and danged if it was one that I wished had crossed my mind when it counted. Had I thought that creatively,  I could've painted an Alclad Candy Red pinstripe on the drivers side roof line. It'll look awesome against the matte black, but to do that now, I'd be a bit concerned that it would mean the red line would be raised against the surface of the current paint. I'm even not sure I could get that kind of intense red now without at least 5 layers of paint and whilst the paints are thin, they don't stand up to well to polishing.

I have a Revell BMW DTM in my stash that I am also thinking of making into a street version, so I'm going to save that idea for that. I think that's going to look really awesome! I'm going to look at some creative pin striping on Google later

Thank you so much for that awesome idea Ismael!!

I'm glad I thought of it. :D

Thanks again guys for your kind posts

Simon

Edited by Madhatter

Superb Simon! I'm also into matt black. I've always followed both DTM and WRC, so one of my last Subaru's was in Matt Black instead of the blue factory colour..It sets off the factory decals better I think........

photo-th.jpg

So lets see a few more builds Simon.

Yeah that Subaru looks so much better like that- very slick and brutish at the same time. Love it!

16 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Not in my wheelhouse but does fit into another niche I like.....low,black and fast. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks mate :) No problems - happy to share