Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two part question about license plates etc

1) I have an idea for a custom license plate.  IIRC, there's at least one place that specializes in creating items like this.  Anybody got a name and/or a link?

2) Does anyone make a flat P/E or resin plate I could attach a decal license plate to?

On 1/30/2019 at 9:27 AM, Monty said:

1) I have an idea for a custom license plate.  IIRC, there's at least one place that specializes in creating items like this.  Anybody got a name and/or a link?

2) Does anyone make a flat P/E or resin plate I could attach a decal license plate to?

https://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

here you go, just make your plate, then copy and paste into Microsoft word or a like program, make it smaller etc. then print on photo or decal paper.

h8ful8ss.jpg

I've always just cut the license plate out with a pair of scissors, and glued the decal (with backing paper and all) directly to the appropriate place on the car using white glue. It looks quite realistic to me. Placing the decal on plastic in the traditional way never looked right to me because the plastic is way too thick.

Like everyone said above, Acme printed on photo paper is easy.

The USA plate was made in Photoshop and printed on decal paper. The plate is made from an aluminum soda can with Grandtline bolt heads. The plate itself was from   http://www.worldlicenseplates.com/      which has military plates and plates from all over the world.  I did have to add my plate number in Photoshop. The soda can aluminum was more realistic than anything else.

image.png.30bb849919a729898973a5c045a5f1c2.png