Model Cars Magazine Forum

Top Sportsman '69 Camaro WIP

Here is the beginning  of a Top Sportsman Camaro. I'll use a modified Revell chassis pan and a heavily modified tube chassis. Very little will be left of the original tube chassis as I will scratch build a new one including coil over shocks. I have just a few small sub assemblies started as you can see in the pics. I expect this to take a little while to complete. I've been searching the web for some ideas on graphics that I have seen lately. I haven't built  a detailed P/M type car in awhile. I'm still contemplating cutting every thing open.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003 (2).JPG

DSCF0004 (1).JPG

DSCF0005 (2).JPG

Thanks fellas.....A small update. I painted the chassis pan and roll cage in a high gloss black. I installed the engine, rear end assembly and dropped in the seat. There is still plenty to do with four more bars to be installed on the front truss bars, radiator, fuel cell, all the interior components and so on. So stay tuned....more to come.

DSCF0001 (1).JPG

DSCF0002 (3).JPG

DSCF0003 (3).JPG

DSCF0004 (2).JPG

DSCF0005 (4).JPG

Edited by Mister Twister

32 minutes ago, R.D.F. said:

A few questions.

Did you have the wheels and tires ? Or did buy them from a vendor.

Did you make the headers ?

The wheels and tires are from my spare parts box. The rear wheels were Drag Lites and I punched out the center and added the center from a Convo Pro. The front wheels are reversed torq thrust type wheels with a trim ring added.  The headers are parts box items from a past kit that I built. The collecters were  very small and short so I added a piece of tube plastic to each header to make them larger.

Quite a bit accomplished over the weekend such as adding the shifter, delay box, shock adjustor, nitrous bottle, fire bottle, fuel cell, assorted wiring and plumbing and so on. I added some clear also to the various sub assemblies. I will move on now to work on the graphics  and some other small assemblies. Thanks.

DSCF0001 (3).JPG

DSCF0002 (5).JPG

DSCF0003 (5).JPG

DSCF0004 (4).JPG

DSCF0006 (4).JPG

DSCF0005 (8).JPG

I've come along way in just a couple of weeks with this build. I spent the better part of today with this graphic/paint scheme from primer and base coats to  a light clear (mid coat) so that the decals can be applied to the flat white base coat without silvering. Still many thing to do including clear and polishing to gain a brilliant shine for this rust wrap inspired scheme. More later...…. 

DSCF0001 (2).JPG

DSCF0002 (4).JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005 (7).JPG

DSCF0006 (3).JPG

• Like 1