Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 68 Chevelle availability

Timonator

Hobbico-operated Revell and RoG/Revell.de are polar opposites in terms of credibility. RoG doesn't need to reestablish its bona fides. Its reputation is solid and should speak for itself regarding its dealings with distributors and vendors. Unlike the Hobbico-run Revell, RoG isn't in any imminent danger of rolling down the gates on its operations anytime soon. Also, RoG already has working collaborations with the various molding companies in Eastern Europe and China; so, it wouldn't be a question of finding one to willing to deal with it.

25 minutes ago, hpiguy said:

let's instead bash them and trash them and assume we know what was said/heard/done/known and complain until they shut down for good because you can't get your toy car fast enough.

Yeah, right. We don't want to hurt their feelings by saying mean things. The brain trust there can handle criticism. It's all part of running a business. As for me, I really couldn't care less about getting this kit now. It's not high on my priority list.

2 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

As for me, I really couldn't care less about getting this kit now. It's not high on my priority list.

Yup, as always, the one doing the most pissing and moaning hasn't even dropped a dime on it.  
AND is an expert in international business and bankruptcy matters and the confidential business dealings and the credit rating of said companies too. Whew, what an expert to know all that from just building models.

Jaw flappin' and keyboard slappin' bravado.
Over a toy car they haven't even bought, nor will buy by their own admission. I love the internet.

11 minutes ago, hpiguy said:

Whew, what an expert to know all that from just building models.

The same could be said about you. BTW, I wasn't pissing and moaning about this kit's unavailability. You have me confused with one of the other of the two dozen posters who have actually pissed and moaned about it.

6 minutes ago, hpiguy said:

Over a toy car they haven't even bought, nor will buy by their own admission

You're a mind reader, too? I defy you to indicate where I said that. You can't. Now is not never.

12 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

The same could be said about you. BTW, I wasn't pissing and moaning about this kit's unavailability. You have me confused with one of the other of the two dozen posters who have actually pissed and moaned about it.

You're a mind reader, too? I defy you to indicate where I said that. You can't. Now is not never.

You said:
"Then, we come to the availability problem. Revell just had to know from surveys, forum discussions and other picture postcards that the '68 Chevelle was one of the most anticipated kits in the past few years. So, what does it do? Absurdly low initial production run and almost zero distribution to the largest market for a classic muscle car....North America. Brilliant!"

You made definitive claims as to a ton of things yo think they knew/know and what size orders they sent out for.

You are pretending to know things you cannot possibly know.

Surprised you don't own a company like Revell yourself when it was up for bids since you are such the expert on the model business or business in general.

Oh wait, it's really just yapping from an internet expert from the locker room as always...over a toy car you didn't get when you could have gotten it, and are now pissed you may have missed the boat for a few months. Wahhhhhhhhhh

Edited by hpiguy

Ah yes, ad hominems. When you can't discuss with facts,  ad hominems are the next best thing  I guess.

"I hate model reviewers and I'm going to the model review magazine website I post on to tell them so!" Brilliance.

It's easy to snipe at others when you don't have the balls to step up and do things yourself.
Be it running a large international company, producing a complicated  product or placing oneself out there for criticism so that others can enjoy their hobby more.

Jealousy breeds contempt and you wear them both very well. Carry on man. You'll find a new thing to complain about tomorrow while the doers are getting it done.

Edited by hpiguy

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

Coming from a guy who spends his time posting videos about what is inside a model car box, that's funny

Thankfully the 19000 plus subscribers that Chris has on his Youtube channel do like to see what's inside the box !..........that's funny ?

Oh and he builds those kits too by the way, unlike some folk who just love to rip a model kit and/or a model kit producer to shreds on the Internet. 

62+ full builds in 2018, 60+ of which were filmed for everyone's scrutiny. From figures to cars to armor.  Even if they aren't the world's best (they aren't even close), they go up to further the hobby and let folks know that modeling is a hobby and to have fun.

19 full builds videod in 2019 so far.

In addition to working a full time career running a local firm.

Build more models. Complain about models on the internet less. Have a nice day. :)

Edited by hpiguy

The great irony of this little back and forth is the guy who never says a negative thing ever about the kits he reviews - for obvious reasons, gotta keep that swag train rolling - comes in here and reacts negatively to someone's opinion.

22 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

The great irony of this little back and forth is the guy who never says a negative thing ever about the kits he reviews - for obvious reasons, gotta keep that swag train rolling - comes in here and reacts negatively to someone's opinion.

Except I actually DO say when a kit has big issues, always have.  That's easy to see if you actually watch some instead of skim over them to find something to whine about. I'm just not the type to endlessly bitch that I had to use model skills on a model. 

I have zero issues with opinions.  Never have an issue with an opinion.

Coming online and saying "They knew" "They did" "They have" is stating things as fact and there is no basis in reality for those claims aside from made up assumptions and general pissing and moaning from the exact same dudes all the time.

"I think" "Maybe what happened was" That's an opinion.

I'm sorry that your channel hasn't taken off the way you hoped James, but don't go accusing others of being dishonest on their reviews. 

You folks have a great time with the endless whining about kits you don't own or build and patently false/made up accusations on your forum about companies and reviewers, I'll be movin' along. 

Edited by hpiguy

FWIW, any of my comments on availability of this kit in this thread were not, "OMFG, I can't find it yet". Only commented that it hadn't hit the shelves in NorCal yet. I just didn't want it badly enough to mail order it. I don't have the Boss 302 yet either.

4 minutes ago, Rodent said:

FWIW, any of my comments on availability of this kit in this thread were not, "OMFG, I can't find it yet". Only commented that it hadn't hit the shelves in NorCal yet. I just didn't want it badly enough to mail order it. I don't have the Boss 302 yet either.

They are both worth waiting for.  Good kits, easy builds.

I think you can nab them online from Hobby Lobby's website if you can't find them anywhere else and don't think your shops will get them. Use that coupon for sure.

Ebay has them for sure at normal pricing too. Modelroundup says June for restocks.

Edited by hpiguy

4 hours ago, hpiguy said:

Ah yes, ad hominems…

6 hours ago, hpiguy said:

Yup, as always, the one doing the most pissing and moaning hasn't even dropped a dime on it.  
AND is an expert in international business and bankruptcy matters and the confidential business dealings and the credit rating of said companies too. Whew, what an expert to know all that from just building models.

Jaw flappin' and keyboard slappin' bravado.
Over a toy car they haven't even bought, nor will buy by their own admission. I love the internet.

5 hours ago, hpiguy said:

Oh wait, it's really just yapping from an internet expert from the locker room as always...over a toy car you didn't get when you could have gotten it, and are now pissed you may have missed the boat for a few months. Wahhhhhhhhhh

5 hours ago, hpiguy said:

Surprised you don't own a company like Revell yourself when it was up for bids since you are such the expert on the model business or business in general.

"I hate model reviewers and I'm going to the model review magazine website I post on to tell them so!" Brilliance.

Jealousy breeds contempt and you wear them both very well. Carry on man. You'll find a new thing to complain about tomorrow while the doers are getting it done.

Mr Pot seems to think Mr Kettle is very black  ^_^

1 hour ago, hpiguy said:

You folks have a great time with the endless whining about kits you don't own or build and patently false/made up accusations on your forum about companies and reviewers, I'll be movin' along. 

Thank you  :)

mike

Build more models. Complain about models on the internet less. Have a nice day. :)

• Xingu locked this topic