Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Huracan Performante, Aoshima, 1/24

Matt Bacon

A generally nice kit from Aoshima, but there are a couple of things that need fixing shapewise. Aoshima has moulded some strange pinched shapes at the front edge of the doors, and at the top of the rear flanks there's a sharp wall on the kit bodyshell that doesn't exist on the real thing. The back end is also a real dog to get together, and KEEP together as you try to get the body over the chassis. This one was built to represent a real one I see around here every now and then, which is a bit more elegantly turned out than the usual bright Lamborghini colour options!

real-thing.jpg

perfromante-font-left-hero-distort.jpg

peformante-low-front-right-hero-2.jpg

performante-front-view.jpg

performante-right-profile.jpg

perfromante-low-front-left-hero.jpg

performante-higher-rear-right-distort.jp

perfromante-high-rear-left.jpg

performante-low-right-side.jpg

performante-low-front-left-distort-4.jpg

performante-low-rear-left-distort.jpg

engine-open-rear-right.jpg

engine-open-rear-left.jpg

engine-open-rear.jpg

best,

M.

Nicely put together Matt, and it sounds like it wasn't an easy build. You have done a fine job on it, and the colour is far more subtle than bright orange or gold-plated! The only Aoshima model that I have built is a Mitsubishi Pajero Metaltop Wide XR-II, also in 1:24 scale, and it matches the vehicle which is my daily drive.... a Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD SWB MKII.

David

Thanks very much for the kind comments, everyone. It’s really only the back end that’s a pain, and with luck the notes in my build thread will help someone else to learn from my mistakes! The colour is stunning on the 1:1, and I think using the real paint does it justice, though it’s hard to photograph to reproduce the shade and richness accurately. I am very pleased with how the alterations to the body to accurize the shape came out, and those you CAN appreciate in the photos. 

Thanks again!

All the best,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...