Model Cars Magazine Forum

RorM?

12 hours ago, gbdolfans said:

Hi all,what happened to the Real or Model as part of title of section?

Not everyone has the knowledge to use the ID part.At least you can make a guess on R or M.

What does everyone think or just kill that part?

George

If I'm not mistaken Ror M was run years ago by our friend Harry, who sadly, has moved on to the great hobby room in the sky. He originally stopped the R or M because finding models good enough to pass for real or vice versa was a real time sink.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:52 AM, RichCostello said:

I liked the R or M a lot more than trying to ID some weird, obsolete European cars that nobody has even heard of.

I think it is because there aren't *THAT* many North American cars which are hard to identify. Unless you are looking for some very small specific annual detail change (like the color of the directional signal lens, or some small script on a fender). But like Michael said, you are free to post your own quiz here (in parallel with his). 

Ads for the same people correctly answering those quizzes, I suspect that they would also be the same ones correctly guessing the American cars.  To me they are just very knowledgeable individuals.

Edited by peteski

33 minutes ago, peteski said:

I think it is because there aren't *THAT* many North American cars which are hard to identify. Unless you are looking for some very small specific annual detail change (like the color of the directional signal lens, or some small script on a fender). But like Michael said, you are free to post your own quiz here (in parallel with his). 

Ads for the same people correctly answering those quizzes, I suspect that they would also be the same ones correctly guessing the American cars.  To me they are just very knowledgeable individuals.

I wasn't suggesting that typical American cars be used in the Auto ID quiz(wouldn't be much of a challenge). I just think a real or model, every now and then, would be interesting, and more people could get involved than the usual people who participate in the Auto ID. That's all.

+ARe you discussing R or M or in generell the auto quiz? 

To those of you who are complaining that  to man european or  japanse cars are in the auto quiz you are welcome to enter the car that you want to ask for.  Some guys did sent in some pictures of  cars that are worth to be part of the quiz. 

To those who want R or M back run it yourself

On 4/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, peteski said:

Oh, there are American cars that would stump people.   The obscure ones are fun because even if you don't get it, you learn something.  Your automotive knowledge has been expanded, and that's a good thing, isn't it?

On 09/04/2019 at 11:35 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

Oh, there are American cars that would stump people.   The obscure ones are fun because even if you don't get it, you learn something.  Your automotive knowledge has been expanded, and that's a good thing, isn't it?

Harry certainly helped me extend my obscure American car knowledge base.

On 5.4.2019 at 6:52 AM, RichCostello said:

I liked the R or M a lot more than trying to ID some weird, obsolete European cars that nobody has even heard of. At least everyone had a chance to play, and not just the same 6 or 8 guys that get the answer every week.

Did you check out this weeks quiz. Nothing european so throw in your hat

46 minutes ago, carsntrucks4you said:

Did you check out this weeks quiz. Nothing european so throw in your hat

Well, can you really say *nothing* European?  :D  I have an idea what it is, but not willing to research the specific details.

I run the quiz and if somebody would do a photoshop or real quiz that has nothing to do with the quiz.

@admins: You are running the Forum so it is your decision if a Real or Model  or a Photoshop or real quiz or  a auto quiz should be running or not. So please make a decision and then close this thread. Thanks