Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Calling Gramps46.

I am scratching my head on this one, the #12 Cobra.  The body looks vaguely like the Willment coupe and not an original Daytona.  Of course there was a red #59 Daytona  CSX2602 at Le Mans in 1965 but ……   See how the wheels are inset like on the Willment CSX2131 compared to CSX2299.  Cobra_CSX2131_Willment_CSX2299_61159.jpg.0c67130e23fe12b718018c013d60cea0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, guys... it’s a great event, and if you’re in the UK over a May Day weekend, I’d highly recommend it. The open access to the pits and garages is fantastic, and everyone’s prepared to chat, especially AFTER their races. It’s also amazing how Donington is all about the racing. There are cars worth millions, and the odd one in the tens, contesting wheel to wheel at every corner. Wrung out to the max, blown up occasionally, doing what racing cars are meant to do. And this year, one race we watched saw the teenage son of a seasoned historic racer, on his debut race, take the family lightweight E-type to laps 2 seconds faster than anyone else, and a deserved First place... Much more engaging and fun than F1, I’d say...

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon