Model Cars Magazine Forum

1979 camaro

michelle

this wan another rebuilder i got last week  the windshields has lots of glue marks and stratches in them so i thought i would try to tint them in a black bash  that did not work so i painted the windshelds black from the inside  surfaces the t tops were already painted with what looked like sharpie  so i just did the same thing that i did with the windsheils i was nt able to get the tail lights out even after wetting it down and poping it into my freezer for 24 hours   so i had to paint them with a paint brush in the 3 differnt colors they were supose to be  the hood just will not fully close i used some  60's camaro  stripe decals on the hood and trunk  since i i did not have and any late 70's camaro stripe decals other then that it was a pretty simple rebuild  just taking apart repainting  adding some detail painting and some decals 

IMG_9391.JPG

IMG_9392.JPG

IMG_9393.JPG

IMG_9394.JPG

IMG_9395.JPG

IMG_9396.JPG

IMG_9397.JPG

IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9400.JPG

Edited by michelle

2 hours ago, CapSat 6 said:

Nice save! I like the retro stripes and the way the tail panel is body color (it was usually black between the taillights). It looks like something you'd see at a cruise or for sale on Facebook Marketplace!  

thank you