Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best Sites For Used Car Reviews?

I have a good friend that is looking at a used car.... it's a 2015 Volkswagen Passat TDI Diesel. It's a low mileage, one owner car.... What would be a good place to find reviews of this car? Both from when it was new, and now that it's used? Also, if anyone has personal experience with these please feel free to share......

Assuming that the US models aren’t significantly different from UK ones:

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/volkswagen/passat-b8-2015/

Is it the 2 litre diesel he’s looking at? If so, do you know if it’s the 140 or 170 horsepower version? I’ve got the VAG 170 hp diesel and 6 speed DSG dual clutch auto box in my Skoda, and it’s a great combination... economical and quiet, but with a great surge of power when you need it for the 30-70mph overtaking dash...

best,

M.

Edmunds.com is one I have used extensively in the past.   In my history VW and Audi aren't especially reliable.  I have such negative history with them, that I would not ever consider another.  But that's me.  Good luck!

I had a former co-worker who bought a VW Beetle for her daughter.  I realize its a different car but my comment might help.  They had a lot of problems with the car, but her biggest complaint was that every repair had to be done at the dealership because the dealerships were the only ones who had the tools to do the repairs.  They had to take the car to the dealership to get a headlight replaced. Good luck.

There's also that distinction of being a VW diesel.  That aspect probably still burns resale value and if you ask a person on the street what the term "VW diesel" means to them it most likely is bad.  And my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.