Model Cars Magazine Forum

Concours of America, Plymouth, Michigan

I made my annual trip this past weekend, armed with a new camera :)  Friday morning was the tour leaving from the Inn at St. Johns and visiting private collections and shops. Friday afternoon was a visit to Pasteiner's Auto Zone store on Woodward in Detroit...well worth the visit. Friday afternoon was spent at The Henry Ford Museum...wow! Saturday morning was Cars & Coffee along with an art exhibit inside the Inn. Sunday was the Concours which for me, started at 7AM in the parking lot as they unloaded and drove some of the cars. Then to the show field with about 300 amazing cars of all styles, marques, years, etc. The 2020 Corvette had its own display and I liked the car better in person than the photographs I had previously seen. In total, I loaded over 1300 photographs and a video. Enjoy :) 

https://public.fotki.com/howardcohen/concours-of-america-2019/

Concours of America  2019 0003.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0027.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0054.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0075.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0148.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0117.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0169.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0186.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0204.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0298.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0487.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0423.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0308.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0714.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0997.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0799.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0855.JPG

Concours of America  2019 0905.JPG

Concours of America  2019 1077.JPG

Concours of America  2019 1097.JPG

Concours of America  2019 1230.JPG

Concours of America  2019 1158.JPG

Edited by Howard Cohen

Thanks for all the hard work and long hours you devoted to creating this huge collection of photos. The range of eras is amazing with vehicles from the earliest years of man's desire to get point A to point B to today's super cars. One of my favorites is the juxtaposition of the Goldenrod Bonneville car parked next to a 2 MPH horse drawn street car. The Ford collection is simply stunning. I marvel at the huge aircraft on display in impossibly small places. Another fave is the shot through the window of an 1800's wooden railcar window and seeing a first gen Corvette framed in the background. Outstanding stuff my friend!

59 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Thanks for all the hard work and long hours you devoted to creating this huge collection of photos. The range of eras is amazing with vehicles from the earliest years of man's desire to get point A to point B to today's super cars. One of my favorites is the juxtaposition of the Goldenrod Bonneville car parked next to a 2 MPH horse drawn street car. The Ford collection is simply stunning. I marvel at the huge aircraft on display in impossibly small places. Another fave is the shot through the window of an 1800's wooden railcar window and seeing a first gen Corvette framed in the background. Outstanding stuff my friend!

Tom - Thanks. I love taking photographs! The Corvette in the window was not planned but it is a good example of the ages coming together.  

Thanks Howard.....personally I took a breather this year.  A couple of colleagues from my pre-retirement employer and I took in the Mopars at the Gilmore event the day before and kinda wore out my car guy ""fix" for the weekend.  Plus the ever-increasing Concours general admission ticket price and the highly sub-optimal parking situation were standing in the way....but I'm sure I'll be back next year.  In the meantime I get to enjoy your pix....looks that a great time was had by all....thanks again.   TIM  

On 8/3/2019 at 7:04 AM, tim boyd said:

Thanks Howard.....personally I took a breather this year.  A couple of colleagues from my pre-retirement employer and I took in the Mopars at the Gilmore event the day before and kinda wore out my car guy ""fix" for the weekend.  Plus the ever-increasing Concours general admission ticket price and the highly sub-optimal parking situation were standing in the way....but I'm sure I'll be back next year.  In the meantime I get to enjoy your pix....looks that a great time was had by all....thanks again.   TIM  

The Gilmore is on my to-do list, maybe in the fall. 

On 8/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, misterNNL said:

Thanks for another enjoyable great set of pictures.  

Cool... I need to plan a vacation to Michigan to see various museums and car-related events.  I lived in Ann Arbor from '94-97,  was in Detroit last night for a concert at the fabulous Fox Theater on Woodward Ave...I could definitely spend a week exploring Detroit, been 20+ years since I've been downtown. 

• 3 weeks later...