Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Lancia Stratos WRC by RoG

Nacho Z

Here is my latest completion, the Revell of Germany 1977 Lancia Stratos WRC.  I'm fairly confident that this is a reboxed Hasegawa kit.  If you want to know all of the nitty gritty details about the build here is a link to the Workbench section: 

20200111 131214

20200111 132441

20200111 132630

20200111 132816

20200111 133008

20200111 133950

20200111 134154

2 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Absolutley stunning model, John.  I happen to know from personal experience what a challenge those  decals are, especially around the hood vents. You have executed that brilliantly . Congradulations on a fine build. 

Rich, I sure do appreciate your comments on both of my Lancia threads!  I believe you and I have the same modeling tastes!

45 minutes ago, tmathew1us said:

Wonderful and great job on some tricky decals. Also, excellent photography. What surface and background? did you use an SLR?

Thank you, Tom. On one hand the decals are the highlight of the kit and on the other had they are a let down of the kit.  More information is in the build thread.

The surface is  a 2’ x 2’ piece of black acrylic. I have a large piece of poster board for the backdrop.  All pics are taken with a Galaxy S9 phone.  Very, very little to no processing is done on my pics.  I shoot midday in my sunroom which is 3 walls, floor to ceiling of windows.  Great natural light.  Thanks for asking!