Model Cars Magazine Forum

El Camino (Breaking Bad Movie)

"El Camino" tied things up pretty nicely.  I don't have Netflix.  But I do have antique geezer technology that...finds things. 

Fans probably noticed that the title of the last "Breaking Bad" episode was "Felina."  According to the producer, that had a double meaning.  It referred to the Marty Robbins song "El Paso," which Walter sings/hums all thru the last episode. But it was also an anagram for "Finale."

Here's a guide to all the vehicles used in the series:

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Vehicles

Saw the movie when it first debuted on Netflix last year..was quite good.. I remember the gold Fiero and Todd's El Camino in it, Skinny Pete and Badger had a big early 70s Thunderbird in green IIRC...can't find it on the IMCDB listing for the movie. 

Edit: it was a blue '72.  https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/1972_Ford_Thunderbird

Looking forward to the upcoming season of the prequel Better Call Saul on AMC, starting back on the 23rd I think...saw a trailer for the upcoming season, looks like Nacho still has the red Javelin... I assume this season is when Jimmy/Saul ditches the decrepit Suzuki Esteem for the late 90s Caddy DeVille...

Always enjoyed Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul...great writing and acting...interesting characters, love the locations...New Mexico/Albuquerque reminds me a lot of Colorado Springs and south central Colorado where I used to live..

Edited by Rob Hall

2 minutes ago, Motor City said:

Does the El Camino have a 4-speed manual?  That was the last year for it, and I saw one for sale several years ago at a car show/swap meet in the western Detroit suburbs.  I had to settle for a 4-speed automatic when I ordered my '87.

Column shift automatic IIRC..the shifter is visible in this still from the movie.

1571088364_219140_1571093158_noticia_normal.jpg

4 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Saw the movie when it first debuted on Netflix last year..was quite good.. I remember the gold Fiero and Todd's El Camino in it, Skinny Pete and Badger had a big early 70s Thunderbird in green IIRC...can't find it on the IMCDB listing for the movie. 

Edit: it was a blue '72.  https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/1972_Ford_Thunderbird

Looking forward to the upcoming season of the prequel Better Call Saul on AMC, starting back on the 23rd I think...saw a trailer for the upcoming season, looks like Nacho still has the red Javelin... I assume this season is when Jimmy/Saul ditches the decrepit Suzuki Esteem for the late 90s Caddy DeVille...

Always enjoyed Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul...great writing and acting...interesting characters, love the locations...New Mexico/Albuquerque reminds me a lot of Colorado Springs and south central Colorado where I used to live..

I have never watched Better Call Saul, was it any good.??  I did watch all of Breaking Bad and bought the dvd complete set..

1 hour ago, slusher said:

I have never watched Better Call Saul, was it any good.??  I did watch all of Breaking Bad and bought the dvd complete set..

It's good, not great. I find it entertaining. I just finished season 4 on Netflix. They have all 4 seasons on there. I would recommend it just because of the BB slip ins. Gives the background to a lot things in BB. 

Edited by BaBaBooey
More info

7 hours ago, slusher said:

I like it..different story than Breaking Bad, well written w/ strong acting...interesting character development how Saul and Mike and other BB characters came about... 

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

I like it..different story than Breaking Bad, well written w/ strong acting...interesting character development how Saul and Mike and other BB characters came about... 

Agree completely. Very different story and tone from BB, but still excellent. What's really amazing about it is that nearly all the actors in it are comedians or comic actors, not "heavy drama" actors, yet they all do an amazing job with the drama. Well worth anyone's time!