Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hard_2_Handle_454

I'm back! At least for a few posts.  So, a quick update on my situation:  I have not bought a home yet, but I have moved out of my old place and into a cheaper place that's just as nice.  I'm still looking into a home and talking things over with a lender.  I didn't want to start any builds until I moved into a more permanent home, but they've been piling up and it's going to take awhile to get them all built.  So, I decided to build a few and save the boxes to make sure they don't get damaged when i do finally move.

So...........here is my first of the new year.  It's a 1971 Trans Am based on the Revell model of a 1970.  It's a very nice model and I highly recommend it.  

49523573638_d4e818ae1b_k.jpgSAM_0001 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

49523573548_96800eeb23_k.jpgSAM_0002 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

49524308442_22678d59b0_k.jpgSAM_0003 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

49524090001_1b9442679e_k.jpgSAM_0004 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

49524089921_991848e997_k.jpgSAM_0005 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

I like the red color and the paint finish. So often seen in white with blue stripe or blue with the white stripe, this really stands out. Good luck with your search for a new home. so many lenders can be a real pain I know.  

38 minutes ago, espo said:

I like the red color and the paint finish. So often seen in white with blue stripe or blue with the white stripe, this really stands out. 

It does stand out in red and I do think in 71 as Eric is representing this one as the color lineup did expand, the reason that this kit is so often seen in the white with the blue stripe or the reverse is that were the only two color choices for the Trans Am model in 1970. You could have the Firebird in any of the colors Pontiac offered for it, but for the true Trans Am, they were only offered in white or blue, expanded for just white with blue stripes in 1969. 

8 hours ago, highway said:

It does stand out in red and I do think in 71 as Eric is representing this one as the color lineup did expand, the reason that this kit is so often seen in the white with the blue stripe or the reverse is that were the only two color choices for the Trans Am model in 1970. You could have the Firebird in any of the colors Pontiac offered for it, but for the true Trans Am, they were only offered in white or blue, expanded for just white with blue stripes in 1969. 

That is true. 1969 and 1970 were white or blue cars only.