Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Impala 4 door

Classicgas

Looks great so far ! Excellent colour choice --- perfect for a big 4 door hardtop ( Sport Sedan , in Chevrolet lingo ) of that era .

The Mark IV looks nice as well . I'm guessing that you're going to slide a TH-400 behind it (?) . That's my plan ; however , I may procure the 396 / 400 from the '68 El Camino , or the 454 / 400 from the '70 Monte Carlo .

I think that the appeal to a lot of builders is the main stream nature of the kit. This gives everyone something that normally would only be available as a resin casting. Nothing wrong with that, but for the cost of a casting alone you have an entire kit and don't have to cannibalize an existing kit.  

Those are good looking trim pieces. Looks like you have badges for the 427, 396. and 327 engines. The 325/396 was a pretty common option at that time for someone wanting a little, well OK, a lot more torque than the 327 had to offer. 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 11:49 PM, Bob Ellis said:

I am amazed at ho many people are building this kit as not a Supernatural car.

Mine arrived last Weekend and i will build it as "Non-Supernatural" also. Be diferent ?