Model Cars Magazine Forum

F-100 Food Truck: What if Chip Foose was a Pizza-man?

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Actually Chip has nothing to do with this truck! It was his father’s old shop truck that he had out in his yard that he was hoping to do something with someday. His staff “Overhauled” him and faked its theft and built it as a gift to him behind his back, just like they do to people on the show.

You should be able to find the episode, worth watching!

I love your take on this as much as your Caddy build!

Hi Tom!

Thank you for the story, it makes sense, since the truck was in their family for a loooooong time. 

The irony is that the Caddy I posted here a few weeks ago (Tim's Casket Rental) uses the roof that came off the rear section of the F100 panel that gave its rear section for the catering trailer. Never waste a good part!

CT

56 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Orange is my favorite color and I do love pizza (as for many) so how could I not love this build?

This is truly another good example of your tremendous talent my friend, another success.

Now you will have to stop or reduce your pace, I will soon be forced to copy and paste my previous comments, my vocabulary is limited unlike your imagination my friend...

Even the pizza looks perfectly cooked... can I have a slice of the all dressed and a slice of your brain please?  ??

Hi Francis!

Thanks for the humour. As for reducing my pace, I'm afraid I'm doing just that these days. I have 4 builds on the bench, almost finished, but almost is the key word.

Gotta spend some time polishing paint before final assembly on two of them. Tomorrow? They say it's gonna be a warm day, so we'll see...

Since you are my friend, I would not dare recommend  a "slice of my brain". Might be hazardous to your mental health. 

Model on!

CT

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Quite brilliant. Very inventive, and the detail is amazing.

Always a treat to see one of your builds "Under Glass".

Thank you Nigel!

That's the beauty of scale modeling, isn't-it? You can explore and create with infinitely less ressources and $ than in real life. Priceless. For all the rest, we have a credit card...

CT

Yes!  An amazingly creative build and authentic to the last slice!  I have seen four such vehicles here in Australia, two based on Volkswagen Kombis, one an imported Ford Econoline and the open I have shown here, a 46 Chevy pickup here in Perth.  I am sure you will appreciate the colour and the wheel and tyre combo - it is surprisingly similar!

I haven't seen this in its natural habitat at an event but I imagine there is more to it that is installed upon arrival.

Apart from all the features that everyone else mentioned, I was amazed by the extra care you took to finish off the ends of the perforated exhaust shield and especially the surgical cleanliness of your clear plastic servery. Just incredible.

Cheers

Alan

20140912_145515.jpg

20140912_145545.jpg

7 hours ago, alan barton said:

Yes!  An amazingly creative build and authentic to the last slice!  I have seen four such vehicles here in Australia, two based on Volkswagen Kombis, one an imported Ford Econoline and the open I have shown here, a 46 Chevy pickup here in Perth.  I am sure you will appreciate the colour and the wheel and tyre combo - it is surprisingly similar!

I haven't seen this in its natural habitat at an event but I imagine there is more to it that is installed upon arrival.

Apart from all the features that everyone else mentioned, I was amazed by the extra care you took to finish off the ends of the perforated exhaust shield and especially the surgical cleanliness of your clear plastic servery. Just incredible.

Cheers

Alan

20140912_145515.jpg

20140912_145545.jpg

Hi Alan!

Thanks for the comments. It looks like that PU in your picture is about to serve some refreshment on tap. Don't drink and drive? Hmmmm.....

My exhaust pipes are long sprues, drilled at the end just passed the bend. The shields were made with sections of a Ford Taurus rear shelf speaker's bezels, wrapped around a 1/1 brake line tube for radius. They are stiff to bend, but the pattern felt in scale for the intended purpose. 

The clear "cases" over the counters were made out of recording cassettes boxes! Memorex had a variety that had slightly rounded corners, and they reproduced the typical food store rounded counters fairly well. I kept those for years, not knowing what I would do with them... but now you know!

How come people seem to be driving on the wrong side of the road in your pictures?

Just kidding...

CT