Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 503

14 hours ago, otherunicorn said:

And down here in Aussie land, I don't think I have ever seen one... so no idea

I think this car brand was only focused on the European market. At least officially. Maybe in Australia some collector or fan of this brand were able to purchase one. But keep in mind that they made little over 78k cars, and did not sell well in even the country where the car was made! :D People were not thrilled about the hatchback solution. Other models made by this brand had more success. One wa used a lot as entry level for racing, and still now is a fun little car to drive, even the road model. This brand merged witha bigger brand in late 60's, and they develop different, succesful models, one is still in production! 

1 hour ago, Brizio said:

I think this car brand was only focused on the European market. At least officially. Maybe in Australia some collector or fan of this brand were able to purchase one. But keep in mind that they made little over 78k cars, and did not sell well in even the country where the car was made! :D People were not thrilled about the hatchback solution. Other models made by this brand had more success. One wa used a lot as entry level for racing, and still now is a fun little car to drive, even the road model. This brand merged witha bigger brand in late 60's, and they develop different, succesful models, one is still in production! 

Too much information since this is supposed to be a quiz - it's up to Michael alone to give clues however small. ?

This time I was looking for an Italian car a 1964-1970 Autobianchi Primula. The Primula was a prototype for Fiat's rack and pinion steering and is widely known for its innovative Dante Giacosa-designed front-wheel drive, transverse engine layout — that would be later popularized by the Fiat 128 to ultimately become an industry-standard front drive layout.

The correct answer were sent in by

GeeBee

DonW

TimJ

otherunicorn

dw1603

matthijsgrit

Congratulations

Edited by carsntrucks4you

2 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

It made me think of British Leyland cars like the Austin/Morris/MG/etc 1100 and 1300, especially around the windows 

Probably because a lot of British Leyland cars or BMC as it would have been back then, were designed in Italy, by  Pininfarina or Michelotti, some British cars like the Mini and the 1100/1300 were also produced in Italy by Innocenti, using Italian components, they were always slightly different from the British products. 

ado16italy_01.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

On 12/30/2020 at 2:23 AM, otherunicorn said:

I guessed it would be Italian, so I started going through makes from a wikipedia list. Fortunately the make started with "A" or I could have been at it for hours!

Gudonia Ken, that’s the kind of luck I need but rarely get.