Model Cars Magazine Forum

Last Build of 2020! Chevy Fleetside

This AMT kit also has a Go Kart, which I'll try and finish this weekend. The model itself is inspired by a 1:1 I saw online. Same color combination. The decal for the seat I got from Hiroboy. They also have some Indian blanket pattern decals which I'll use in other models. Minor engine detailing, and some photo etched parts. It seem like it took a long time to finish this. I keep looking for a quick build, but seem to make it more difficult. 

I have a question for the community here. What is the BEST tape to use for painting and masking? The line looks pretty good here - but in all transparency, I found some white decal lines to make it look cleaner. I'd rather just find tape that does a better job masking - I used Tamiya. What else have you used? 

Happy New Year. 2020, don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

IMG_4772.jpg

IMG_4773.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4778.jpg

Really nice truck, the engine room is particularly clean.  For straight line masking I've used Scotch tape, cut a clean line with a sharp knife and straightedge.  It's tough to press down evenly and won't go around curves.  Others have used BareMetal foil for masking.

• 5 months later...