Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Tub Show Car

Bernard Kron

On 2/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, Bernard Kron said:

DSCF8140-web.jpg
’32 Ford Channeled “Pseudo-Tub” Show Car
More photos below

Many moons ago, ago about the time it was first introduced, I attempted to chop a Revell ’32 Ford Tudor. It went ago until I lost a part of the “A” pillars. The rest of the kit was picked clean of virtually all its parts as the half-cut body traveled from one parts box to another, homeless. Recently I decided to remove the top altogether, making what a TRaK member name “Dub” had christened a Pseudo-Tub at about the time of my original ill-fated chop. Dub had built a fine traditional style Tub hot rod from his decapitated Tudor  and I had always intended to try something similar. But as I gathered parts for my Pseudo-Tub project I encountered a gorgeous set of resin diamond-tuft quilted bucket seats. This caused me to do a full 180 from a 50’s style traditional street rod to an early-60’s style show rod with a Duval style windshield grafted on from an AMT ’32 Ford Phantom Vicky which also contributed it’s chassis and cowl. Instantly this turned into a monster kit bash. All the parts sources and details are listed below along with more photos.

Revell ’32 Ford Sedan: Main body (top & cowl removed), firewall, front shocks and headlights, taillights, license frame, coil springs and shocks
AMT ’32 Ford Phantom Vicky: Chassis (2 scale inch Z at rear), front half of floor pan, Rear axle and suspension, grill shell, cowl, dashboard, DuVal style windshield
Monogram Lil’ Coffin: Wheels front and rear, rear slicks, shift lever
Revell ’29 Ford Roadster: Buick Nailhead motor including carbs and exhaust headers
Revell ’30 Ford Phaeton: Steering wheel
Aftermarket parts: Drag City Casting: Diamond tuft quilted seats, front Buick finned drum brakes; Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland: Carb scoops; ThePartsBox.com: wire-reinforced resin ’40 Ford 4” dropped front axle; Modelhaus Tires: T120A front whitewalls; Aurora Plastics Corp.: "drawer pull" grill from vintage #592 Custom Grills & Trim 1/25 Scale Customizing Automobile Parts
Scratch built parts: front leaf spring, tonneau cover, interior side and rear upholstery panels, rear half of floor pan
Paint and finishes: Duplicolor white primer and Duplicolor Universal white base coat, Tamiya TS65 Pear Clear (3 coats), “Fade” panel paint job done with home-made decals, all sealed with Tamiya TS-13 clear (5 coats).

Thanx for lookin’
B.

DSCF8142-web.jpg
DSCF8151-web.jpg
DSCF8152-web.jpg
DSCF8154-web.jpg
Final-Detail-Summary-web.jpg

Hey Bernard, looks like your photo links are all broken. The build sounds awesome. Any chance you could repair the links? I'd love to see it.  I know one of the admins (Dave Ambrose) can give you editing abilities, because I fixed some broken links on some of my old posts. 

2 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

Hey Bernard, looks like your photo links are all broken. The build sounds awesome. Any chance you could repair the links? I'd love to see it.  I know one of the admins (Dave Ambrose) can give you editing abilities, because I fixed some broken links on some of my old posts. 

Hi Dave,

Thanks. The photo links all work for me. i can see them all on my computer, both in the original post and  when I expand your quote. It's a pretty recent project and the photos are all on imgbb, my current photo hosting service. I also was able to go to them @imgbb when I clicked on the photos posted here. I hope they show up for you. It was a fun build.

B.

Edited by Bernard Kron

On 10/14/2021 at 10:51 AM, Bernard Kron said:

Hi Dave,

Thanks. The photo links all work for me. i can see them all on my computer, both in the original post and  when I expand your quote. It's a pretty recent project and the photos are all on imgbb, my current photo hosting service. I also was able to go to them @imgbb when I clicked on the photos posted here. I hope they show up for you. It was a fun build.

B.

Well now they're working. Maybe my work server has imgbb blocked. Wicked cool phaeton.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...