Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Moebius Pickup Kit Summary, all 11 of them!

4 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

He has discontinued the 4wd conversion kit, he had way more orders than he could fill. Not sure what else he could come up with. 

Hope Dave Burket saw the potential in some of the Fireball products.....cuz he can set things in motion...

7 hours ago, leafsprings said:

First, I'm glad Moebius is doing the '68 and will purchase anyway.  Assuming all were going to get is a new grill and leftover wheels, tires and hubcaps  from older kits.  This is what Fireball package would look like. From left to right. Spicer 60 rear axle, 3 arm camper special mirrors, camper special emblems, 390 emblem, F 250 hubcaps, and 8.75X 16.5 or 9.50x16.5 highway tread tires and  16.5 8 lug wheels.

IMG_1414_LI.jpg

From what we've seen of how highly accuracy is valued on this series, it's probably not likely we'll see a new grill... but who knows, they might surprise us. The fender bars could be sourced from the amt 427 Fairlane but the camper special nameplates haven't been done yet. The older amt F350s can provide 16.5 tires and 8 lug five slot wheels along with steel axle dana 60 and front suspension to go with the wheels. Scenes Unlimited may have decent steel 8 lug wheels and 16.5 tires if they don't show up in this coming version of the kit and he may be able to design the proper mirrors.

Edited by mk11

2 hours ago, mk11 said:

From what we've seen of how highly accuracy is valued on this series, it's probably not likely we'll see a new grill... but who knows, they might surprise us. The fender bars could be sourced from the amt 427 Fairlane but the camper special nameplates haven't been done yet. The older amt F350s can provide 16.5 tires and 8 lug five slot wheels along with steel axle dana 60 and front suspension to go with the wheels. Scenes Unlimited may have decent steel 8 lug wheels and 16.5 tires if they don't show up in this coming version of the kit and he may be able to design the proper mirrors.

Fireball has the right mirrors- FMR-175; wheels FMR-172; wheels and tires FMR-154B.

22 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Fireball has the right mirrors- FMR-175; wheels FMR-172; wheels and tires FMR-154B.

Fireball stuff is top notch. His 16.5" 8 lug wheels and hubcaps are excellent!  The 4x4 front wheels could be modified to regular 2WD  front hubs, but he does not offer highway tread 16.5" tires yet. I contacted him about the highway tread tires, he said he plans to do them in the future.

I worked for a construction company after I closed my body shop and he had all Ford pickups starting in 1978, except for his wifes personal truck and one that had been his family vehicle, those were both '72's. The one that had been his family vehicle was involved in an argument with a deer early one morning and when we repaired it I changed it into a '78 clone by swapping out the grille and various bolt on pieces that were simple bolt on things and after painting it in the company colors he was so happy with it that we did the same thing to his wife's truck, except there was only a couple of small parts that needed painting since it was already the right color scheme. (He had ordered all the '78's in that color scheme because he really liked the looks of it) I guess what I'm curious about is couldn't the same thing be done with the Moebius kits since the two trucks we did the "remodel" on were both '72's.

The 67-72 and 73-79 design ford f-series had distinctly different 'skins'. While they shared the same windshield/cowl structures, no outer parts like fenders or grills were interchangeable between the two designs. Inner front fenders, rad supports and hoods could be swapped but nothing else on the cab except mechanical or interior parts. The trucks you're remembering as '72s, Del, may have been probably '73s. They started '73 production in jul/aug of '72. 

On 7/29/2021 at 7:30 PM, mk11 said:

but the camper special nameplates haven't been done yet.

The '67-72 Ford pickup detail set from Model Car Garage does have some Camper Special nameplates on the fret.  I'm not sure if they varied by years but, they are there.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumper Question.

Moebius model 1:25 Scale 1971 Ford Ranger Pickup Truck Model Kit Vehicle

I have this kit. Being an early Moebuis Kit, it has no step bumper. What Pickup kits have a step bumper, in them?

I hate to have to buy a new kit for the bumper, but I may have to. Will the new '68 F-250 Have a step bumper?

Maybe I should just trade the 71 for a different kit.....

Thanks, Alan

35 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

Bumper Question.

Moebius model 1:25 Scale 1971 Ford Ranger Pickup Truck Model Kit Vehicle

I have this kit. Being an early Moebuis Kit, it has no step bumper. What Pickup kits have a step bumper, in them?

I hate to have to buy a new kit for the bumper, but I may have to. Will the new '68 F-250 Have a step bumper?

Maybe I should just trade the 71 for a different kit.....

Thanks, Alan

Check out Olson Bros for some really nice resin step bumpers for these Ford pickups.

• Thanks 1