Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-Door 4 x 4

I like it!  Nice job and Great idea!  I like the direction you went with it, since the top would still be removable, were it a real car.

When you mentioned 4-door TJ, I immediately thought of the Jeep Dakar Concept.  It's really too bad they didn't go with that one.

1997-jeep-dakar-concept.jpg

Thanks, Dan, Carl, Dan and Eric! I appreciate your comments! 

This one is done! I stretched it 3/4" to approximate 18 inches. The 4 door is actually 20 inches longer than a 2 door but I cheated to make it simpler to measure and I think it looks fine.  I had to cut 1/4 inch out of the rear panel so that I could fit a 1 inch rear door that was cut from the front door of a second kit and it fits just inside the rear fenders. But the net increase in length is 3/4". I also lengthened the rear floor, driveshaft and roll bars. I modified the front bumper to eliminate the bars and wench. I also added a piece of material in the rear cargo area to cover the manufacturer's signature. It looks pretty close to my son's Rubicon although its not an exact match. I had to add a little rat!  Thanks for looking!

enhance

enhance

enhance 

enhance

enhance

Edited by ModelcarJR
Copy to Under Glass