Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model factory hiro Porsche 935/78

Having played with the toners, I have played long enough. Dark blue toner with a dark blue pearl and a pearl white toner.Mixed them today with great results.the blue is close to gulf blue but with a pearl. Twist. The 935 will be painted soon. BMW colorsystems for material. 

A8C05083-B11E-4F9B-B7D3-9775EEFD435F.jpeg

C3B138C7-112D-4E95-BDAB-7D72B060769A.jpeg

3959B342-0BC0-48AA-9117-BA99533569FE.jpeg

ABFD5CEF-CB2F-4062-8BE3-B105FBEB5D7A.jpeg

DD9C62FF-1FA6-419D-B088-903ED36F18A3.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Timonator said:

Do you work at a BMW shop ?

I did. They change the systems twice a year. And the painter was to get rid of the rest. So he just put them in a cart and I now have a whole colorsystems under my spare bed. Have paint for the rest of my life. I now work for a Chevy dealer. A $5000 incentive and $6 more dollars an hour works. Plus they pay for my healthcare insurance. Free to me. 401k they match.,paid holidays and vacations. Since I have ford truck aluminum experience I get another $15 more an hour on that. Ford aluminum trucks pay anywhere from $45 a hour to $60 an hour flat rate. So if you put on a panel that says 16 hours and you can do it in 5 you can make $960 in 5 hours. If you have the training and experience. We do make money

2 minutes ago, Brudda said:

I did. They change the systems twice a year. And the painter was to get rid of the rest. So he just put them in a cart and I now have a whole colorsystems under my spare bed. Have paint for the rest of my life. I now work for a Chevy dealer. A $5000 incentive and $6 more dollars an hour works. Plus they pay for my healthcare insurance. Free to me. 401k they match.,paid holidays and vacations. Since I have ford truck aluminum experience I get another $15 more an hour on that. Ford aluminum trucks pay anywhere from $45 a hour to $60 an hour flat rate. So if you put on a panel that says 16 hours and you can do it in 5 you can make $960 in 5 hours. If you have the training and experience. We do make money

I also worked at a BMW shop for 16 years. I now work at a dealership shop that does MB  JagRover,Porsche and msny others. I have had the porsche and jagrover aluminum training snd express.  That's a pretty incredible rate that you get for the Fords.

40 minutes ago, Timonator said:

I also worked at a BMW shop for 16 years. I now work at a dealership shop that does MB  JagRover,Porsche and msny others. I have had the porsche and jagrover aluminum training snd express.  That's a pretty incredible rate that you get for the Fords.

They are charging $150 a hour to repair aluminum ford trucks. BMW’s ,Mercedes, jags are less.

Just now, Brudda said:

They are charging $150 a hour to repair aluminum ford trucks. BMW’s ,Mercedes, jags are less.

We have a shortage of qualified technicians here. All shops are giving a $3000 to $5000 signing bonus. Plus all of the other perks. 

Just now, Brudda said:

We have a shortage of qualified technicians here. All shops are giving a $3000 to $5000 signing bonus. Plus all of the other perks. 

Was going to retire soon but the owner has a $10,000 bonus if I stay a year longer , you can call your shots here. Just before New Years, I had 5 job offers. With all the same money . 

On 1/10/2022 at 4:03 AM, David G. said:

Amazing model! 

Amazing work so far!

My brain hurts just seeing all the work there is to do, not for the faint of heart.

David G.

Hello David G . Thank you sir. It’s very challenging. Every step is a model. A lot of work. This is my third MFH kit and I’ve learned a few things about them. They are expensive, they are not a perfect kit. A lot of challenges. Most parts do not fit and have to be modified in one way or another. You need a whole different tool set. Like metal polishers, drills, etc. I have a friend , Mark that helped me with the challenges of a MFH kit. If you like detail and quality rather than quantity, these kits are for you. I only built one kit for 2021. It was a 427 cobra and it took a year to complete. Here is a pic of the 427 cobra and my first MFH kit, a Ferrari P4. 

B3FD7CED-0CDD-41C3-BE0F-FB8A5EC6EDED.jpeg

712AFF79-47E1-4B59-BC16-ACF1D1108936.jpeg

On 1/11/2022 at 7:18 AM, Timonator said:

I love both of those ! Especially the Cobra. I  have 2 MFH kits in my stash. Kind of afraid to start them.

Dear Timonator, please start one. Just take each step like it is it’s own model. The extra tools I had to get was a polisher, ( for polishing brass for ammunition) a badger sand blaster, for white metal a lot of drill bits, a sata mini jet for painting. Hope this helps. Just ordered extra drill bits

C995E124-6659-4AD8-854F-683AA4455164.jpeg

7 hours ago, Brudda said:

Dear Timonator, please start one. Just take each step like it is it’s own model. The extra tools I had to get was a polisher, ( for polishing brass for ammunition) a badger sand blaster, for white metal a lot of drill bits, a sata mini jet for painting. Hope this helps. Just ordered extra drill bits

C995E124-6659-4AD8-854F-683AA4455164.jpeg

What drill bits do you recommend? I already bought a magnetic tumbler. Maybe I'll start one after my current project. 

7 hours ago, Timonator said:

What drill bits do you recommend? I already bought a magnetic tumbler. Maybe I'll start one after my current project. 

I just bought a set from harbor freight. On line.  What kit are you thinking of doing?