Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beretta Pro Street

Kenneth,

your Beretta looks fantastic so far. I built this one about 20 years ago and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Too bad I gave it to my guitar player in my band at the time! I wish I still had it. Anyhow I like the way you did the pink rocker switches and the multicolored shift knobs.  Very 80s Pro Street.

As you can tell from my avatar I too am a pro street fan. That’s my ugly green primer 69 nova tube chassis car in the picture. It looks way faster than it is but it sure is fun to drive. Anyhow brother keep on building. I’d like to see this one finished!-Mark

Edited by ybsluos
Typos

Oh man if I had a dollar for everyone of these kits I’ve built over the years,I’d be a rich man.Plus the Rick Dobbertin car,which essentially had the same chassis/cage.Are you going to paint it?If not,maybe just clear it.That’s what was cool about these models back in the day,they molded them in the colors the cars were supposed to be,not just plain white,or dull gray,like today’s kits.Nice work…

879C0176-3D9B-46F3-A51B-1C56493DB8CE.jpeg

On 8/10/2021 at 10:54 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Oh man if I had a dollar for everyone of these kits I’ve built over the years,I’d be a rich man.Plus the Rick Dobbertin car,which essentially had the same chassis/cage.Are you going to paint it?If not,maybe just clear it.That’s what was cool about these models back in the day,they molded them in the colors the cars were supposed to be,not just plain white,or dull gray,like today’s kits.Nice work…

879C0176-3D9B-46F3-A51B-1C56493DB8CE.jpeg

Yes it's gonna be just white.  Thanks for looking 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this car coming my way but won't get my hands on it for a couple of months.

In the meantime, could you provide some measurements?

- Width from tire sidewall to sidewall, fronts and rears

- Wheelbase

I'd like to see what other bodies this chassis could fit.

Thanks if you can.

Dan