Model Cars Magazine Forum

New season of Netflix Car Masters

Season 3 Rust to Riches .  First episode of new season they turn an old Mercedes 220 (?) into a drift car . Also work on a cool 33 replica body hot rod in to a low slung custom . Huge fail IMO . Screw on running boards and screw on from the front enclosed fenders . Couple pics of that . 

98DEEA72-AF78-4B5C-9A8F-C68FD54E914B.jpeg

278FDE00-9891-4AFD-8669-CEE025393849.jpeg

They did a yellow shorty bus and right in the front was a big run. They took a 53 (?) Chevy and put what they called a hot tub in it. No heat so not a hot tub and mounted two turbos on the outside of the car to power the jets in the tub. But still I watch it !

On 8/8/2021 at 6:13 PM, cobraman said:

Season 3 Rust to Riches .  First episode of new season they turn an old Mercedes 220 (?) into a drift car . Also work on a cool 33 replica body hot rod in to a low slung custom . Huge fail IMO . Screw on running boards and screw on from the front enclosed fenders . Couple pics of that . 

98DEEA72-AF78-4B5C-9A8F-C68FD54E914B.jpeg

278FDE00-9891-4AFD-8669-CEE025393849.jpeg

They were attempting to turn that 33 ford kit car into a Delahaye. I didn't care for the car but I can appreciate the work they done. 

The one good thing about the 53 chevy was that all that bs would be easily removed. 

Imo the woody was too wild to bring the kinda money they are wanting for it. 

3 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

They were attempting to turn that 33 ford kit car into a Delahaye. I didn't care for the car but I can appreciate the work they done. 

3 minutes ago, Scott8950 said:

The one good thing about the 53 chevy was that all that bs would be easily removed. 

Imo the woody was too wild to bring the kinda money they are wanting for it. 

delahaye-gorgeous-automobile.jpg

I usually enjoy these "Reality" car shows, but this one is terrible.  They put out some junk imho.  That '33 ford was a decent replica hot rod, but all the "delahaye" stuff they tried to do was really half-assed. The exposed screws on the fenders, terrible gaps in the new bodywork,  and the windshield doesn't fit at all.  I felt bad for the guy that commissioned the work. 

I thought that the Delahaye was a turd!  It didn't have the smoothness of the real Delahaye.  He expects people to pony up big bucks for their creativity and that is a very small market which will dry up fast.  Besides, I only watch it for Constance Nunes!

Constance Nunes.jpg