Model Cars Magazine Forum

I.P.M.S. LAS VEGAS

ROY FERGUSON

Spent 4 days working at the the show, very nice turnout and vendor room was busy. The model entry room was unbelievable !!.

I did manage to find models at prices descent all but the Hubley Ford 2 for $25, $20 for the Hubley still in wrap. All kits are complete and not started.

The 2 paints stand $10 each

JdrXZ7E.jpg

Edited by ROY FERGUSON

On 8/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, ROY FERGUSON said:

Spent 4 days working at the the show, very nice turnout and vendor room was busy. The model entry room was unbelievable !!.

I did manage to find models at prices descent all but the Hubley Ford 2 for $25, $20 for the Hubley still in wrap. All kits are complete and not started.

The 2 paints stand $10 each

JdrXZ7E.jpg

Great event!!! Entered the contest and did pretty good. Met John Teresi, saw Art Latski. Bought stuff from Arts promodeler stand. Was able to buy all the stuff I was not able to buy with the covid thing last year. John and Art took trophies home. It was a honor just to be in the same room with them. Did ok for my first national event. The quality of builds are amazing. Was able to take a 2nd and 2 , third place awards. I was lucky to get the best Shelby award. Shelby American supplied a bunch of things to go with the award. A lot of fun. Great event! Will try to make the next year event. This is what I won. I was really lucky

1B29F964-30C5-4E36-8520-45CCB7245F31.jpeg

9567ECAB-F461-4D5D-BDAE-C6CE04FA9D19.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 3:49 PM, ROY FERGUSON said:

Very nice models, glad to hear you had a good time. I meet many very nice people, not all were there to enter. Saw a lot of bags leaving the show full of goodies !

Thank to all who came to the show making it a success.

Thank you guys for a super event!!!! The people were great, vendors were great and the builds…. Holy cow!!!! They were the best ever. The quality was extreme. Plus Vegas, very fun

On 8/28/2021 at 3:22 PM, Brudda said:

Great event!!! Entered the contest and did pretty good. Met John Teresi, saw Art Latski. Bought stuff from Arts promodeler stand. Was able to buy all the stuff I was not able to buy with the covid thing last year. John and Art took trophies home. It was a honor just to be in the same room with them. Did ok for my first national event. The quality of builds are amazing. Was able to take a 2nd and 2 , third place awards. I was lucky to get the best Shelby award. Shelby American supplied a bunch of things to go with the award. A lot of fun. Great event! Will try to make the next year event. This is what I won. I was really lucky

Outstanding job, Bruce! Congrats on the Shelby trophy. It was well-deserved... and I'm glad I got to see that build. It was good to see you again and hope to see you at NNL West!

On 9/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, Art Laski said:

Outstanding job, Bruce! Congrats on the Shelby trophy. It was well-deserved... and I'm glad I got to see that build. It was good to see you again and hope to see you at NNL West!

Hello Art! Always good to see you! Thank you for helping me stock back up on your products. And congratulations to you also!!! I will see you at the NNL West. I’ll bring the cobra. I’m still interested in the 68 corvette detail set in 1/25. Thanks for the great products. 

8 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Bruce, there were 3 models that stopped me in my tracks.  Yours was one of them.  Well deserved win!  Keep it up.  You do great work. 

Sir , I’m very glad you were able to see them.  The builds there were out of this world! I would have hated to be a judge as all the builds were great. This is the first nationals I’ve been to. My buddy Bob said the builds are in a whole different  level. He was right. One thing I do know, I’m going too have to step it up. Man, …..Art and John’s builds are so advanced , it’s scary. Thank you Pete J for the kind words

1 hour ago, Brudda said:

Sir , I’m very glad you were able to see them.  The builds there were out of this world! I would have hated to be a judge as all the builds were great. This is the first nationals I’ve been to. My buddy Bob said the builds are in a whole different  level. He was right. One thing I do know, I’m going too have to step it up. Man, …..Art and John’s builds are so advanced , it’s scary. Thank you Pete J for the kind words

What keeps me interested in the hobby at 71 is that there is always something I can improve or do better!  Stay after it!

Having seen this car in person at the event, it was certainly well deserved. The level of skill, even among the very heavily entered box stock, and curbside categories was very impressive. This was my second National have attended the 2018 in Phx, and I must say I plan to attend more. for those that may have been hesitant to attend because they are associated with IPMS, and may feel they are not very automotive, there were over 450 models in the automotive categories out of over 2800 models total giving a healthy 16% representation. 

I would l wish several of us from here on the forum would have planned on a meet up, even if just in the lobby. I would still be interested in seeing posts from anyone else that might have won something. 

For those interested, here is a link to the mostly automotive pics (around 350) that I took in the show hall. None were left out intentionally, I just could not photograph them all and see/do everything else. 

https://public.fotki.com/machman/model-building-cont/2021-ipms-nationals/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Having seen this car in person at the event, it was certainly well deserved. The level of skill, even among the very heavily entered box stock, and curbside categories was very impressive. This was my second National have attended the 2018 in Phx, and I must say I plan to attend more. for those that may have been hesitant to attend because they are associated with IPMS, and may feel they are not very automotive, there were over 450 models in the automotive categories out of over 2800 models total giving a healthy 16% representation. 

I would l wish several of us from here on the forum would have planned on a meet up, even if just in the lobby. I would still be interested in seeing posts from anyone else that might have won something. 

For those interested, here is a link to the mostly automotive pics (around 350) that I took in the show hall. None were left out intentionally, I just could not photograph them all and see/do everything else. 

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post pictures.  I've been taking less pictures anymore, so appreciate this.  Looked like a great turnout.

Nats was great. IPMS Vegas ran a great Convention especially given the ever moving changes that the Delta variant brought right before the show. My wife and I had an absolute blast...maybe it was Vegas, maybe it was the first time in a long many years we had been on a trip without kids in tow, but I'm certainly looking forward to going to the 2022 Nats in Omaha in July.

17 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post pictures.  I've been taking less pictures anymore, so appreciate this.  Looked like a great turnout.

Your welcome Kurt, too often I take a few and then get sidetracked. While I hope others enjoy them, as I am certainly no photographer, I really just try to take pics that I can go through later as a more leisurely pace to enjoy. 

11 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Nats was great. IPMS Vegas ran a great Convention especially given the ever moving changes that the Delta variant brought right before the show. My wife and I had an absolute blast...maybe it was Vegas, maybe it was the first time in a long many years we had been on a trip without kids in tow, but I'm certainly looking forward to going to the 2022 Nats in Omaha in July.

I doubt I will make the Omaha show, but Texas is looking real promising! I also agree about their agility, and feel they did a great job in keeping it all together. 

On 9/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Thank you for posting all your pictures. So many outstanding looking builds. 

On 9/6/2021 at 10:01 AM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Thank you Modelbuilder Mark. All of the models were very impressive. You took several pictures of my Toyota 2000 GT. Thank you. Was a fun event. As I was entering my models I looked at the other entries and really knew I was in a whole new world. One thing that I have learned at the IPMS events, you have to learn to take criticism. Some are good , some bad, but you always learn. A few years ago I hooked up with some nationals winners and learned from them. That made all the difference.  Makes me step up my game. After this show, I need to step up my game.  Also, you never know who’s going to win. There is always going to be arguments who should have won, but in the end the judges pick and you live with it. Most people cannot deal with this but I find it makes me a better modeler. The Pitts bi- plane took 3rd.in civil aircraft.  The hemi cuda took 2nd in street machines, Toyota took 3rd in large scale, and the 427 cobra took best Shelby. I entered 7 models and 4 placed. I was very happy for my first nationals. 

A343FB8D-50A6-41D1-9419-245C3A0D45DF.jpeg

C5C36633-6182-422F-84AF-B809110D5542.jpeg

BEEC46A7-BE46-496E-B0D2-190D96C8DB41.jpeg

D9DBA2C8-60B3-430A-8BC8-D401C4984160.jpeg

1 minute ago, Brudda said:

Thank you Modelbuilder Mark. All of the models were very impressive. You took several pictures of my Toyota 2000 GT. Thank you. Was a fun event. As I was entering my models I looked at the other entries and really knew I was in a whole new world. One thing that I have learned at the IPMS events, you have to learn to take criticism. Some are good , some bad, but you always learn. A few years ago I hooked up with some nationals winners and learned from them. That made all the difference.  Makes me step up my game. After this show, I need to step up my game.  Also, you never know who’s going to win. There is always going to be arguments who should have won, but in the end the judges pick and you live with it. Most people cannot deal with this but I find it makes me a better modeler. The Pitts bi- plane took 3rd.in civil aircraft.  The hemi cuda took 2nd in street machines, Toyota took 3rd in large scale, and the 427 cobra took best Shelby. I entered 7 models and 4 placed. I was very happy for my first nationals. 

A343FB8D-50A6-41D1-9419-245C3A0D45DF.jpeg

C5C36633-6182-422F-84AF-B809110D5542.jpeg

D9DBA2C8-60B3-430A-8BC8-D401C4984160.jpeg

P.S. I’m all in to meet. 

6 hours ago, Brudda said:

You are certainly welcome Bruce! You had some really great models on display. I did indeed capture several pics of your 2000GT, it was a great looking model. Albeit debated, it's lines were the inspiration for the new Supra, which as you can see by my avatar I am a fan. I will not make it to the Omaha show, but do plan on attending the Texas Nationals, and the final GSL that same year. At the rate I am building, I will not likely have anything ready though. LOL  I will try to make it a point to meet more folks and say hello. 

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark