Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any interest in a full 8ft bed for the AMT and Revell 60's pick-ups?

I have a 1965 Chevy C10 and I have wanted to make a replica of it. However it is an 8ft bed, not the 6ft that the kits offer. So, a few hours later in Fusion I have a complete model of a 8ft Chevy/GMC bed. The Tailgate says Chevrolet right now, but I can make a GMC one easily. I have corrected the flaws in the kit parts by making the inside of the bed more closely match the 1:1. I added stake pockets and some other details not possible with injection molding. 

This will still need some fine details to be touched up with a sanding stick, like the very back bottom corners, but it is close. I hope to get this broken out and made into an STL soon. 

Is this something you all would be interested in? It would save time cutting up 2 beds to make an 8 footer. 

8 foot bed v7.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldmopars said:

So, I think I have everything printed and ready to assemble the test bed. 

My daughter went into labor last night and so I am here with my new Grand daughter. 3D printed parts will have to wait a couple of days. 

Priorities are in the right place there Scott! Congrats!

I would be interested in a bed or two, even more so if you also figured out the longer frame. Have long wanted to build a mid-60's Chevy pickup with a long bed

• 1 month later...

I have not forgotten about these. I will load the file on Cults3D and you can print it or have it printed.

Long bed step side, it would just be a box, the fenders are available in the Revell kit. 

The frame still needs a few adjustments to fit right, working on it.