Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Pair of Camaros--Dual 1970 Camaro Build-Z-28 in "Under Glass"

mustang1989

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Carl !!

Ok gang!! It's update time!! After two and a half weeks without any progress reports, I finally have something worth taking photos of. Here she is with the stance that I wanted and the wheel/ tire combo.

All I can say is that this is one of the HARDEST car models to get the body over teh chassis that I've EVER dealt with. When I finally did manage to get it installed all the way into the body, the leading edge of the dash contacted the bottom of the windshield mounting tabs causing the whole front of the chassis to not seat properly. My fix was to trim the leading edge of the dash back until the body slid into the correct position. Total PIA but I got it.

Here are the results of the labor over the last few weeks. Almost to the finish line with this one. Aside from the dash/ windshield fit issue this has been a great kit to work with.

Aside from wheels and tires she's looking very close to what I wanted the outcome to be.

• Like 3

Thanks you guys.

I managed to get the rear bumper touched up and attached this morning. Other items of this morning's progress were:

1. Battery reinstalled. I had it installed prior to the core support install but it the core support wouldn't install cleanly with the battery in place so....I had to take it out.

2. Radiator hose/ thermostat housing painted and installed

3. Alternator adjustment bracket re-attached. Just too much handling while fitting the chassis into the body. I figured there'd have to be a casualty along the way and I got lucky with just the bracket falling off. At one point during the chassis fitment into the body process I really thought I was going to ruin the whole build.

4. Cut front bumperettes from their sprues and currently soaking them in Easy Off.  After cleaning them up I'll treat 'em to a good ol' coating of Alclad.

5. Aligned the tail pipes (during the chassis install both pipes moved on me)

About all that's left now is the light polishing on the whole body, painting and install of the outside rear view mirrors, front bumperettes install and then emblems/ badges application and we'll be off to glamour shots.

Here's a couple more teaser shots till then:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • mustang1989 changed the title to A Pair of Camaros--Dual 1970 Camaro Build-Z-28 in "Under Glass"