Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Ford F100 Flareside

As Bob Ross often said, "There are no mistakes, only happy accidents." Well, that's mostly true. Years ago I started this '76 conversion with a Bandit Resins grille and a bed made up of Monogram and AMT pieces. I had planned to add a somewhat better detailed firewall and engine bay, which naturally meant cutting away what was there originally. Well, that plan didn't work too well, and I'd already addressed the windshield height issue and added the drip rails on the cab, so I opted to save it by doing it as a curbside. And with the hood fastened to the cab, I could finally have a nice fitting hood on one of these. The wheel covers are from the AMT Phantom Van, and the white line tires came from... I dunno... somewhere. I made a bug guard and used a Moebius front bumper. Out back you'll find tail lights and a bumper from an old Revell Custom Pickups Parts Pack. I believe that's where the steering wheel came from, as well. Said steering wheel sits on a column made from Evergreen rod with a pin for a turn stalk and gear selector. The mirror is a Detail Master photo etched piece, I have no idea where the dice came from, Ken's maybe? Otherwise the interior (what there is of one) is kit stock. :P Ray's Kits came through again for the F100 fender badges. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2