Model Cars Magazine Forum

I’ve had parts for this one for a very long time and for a very long time, I haven’t been comfortable working on it. So, here I go. I’m going to very carefully stretch the chassis the same .800” as I’m doing with the cab and will do with the interior. I’m going to paint it black metallic and dark chestnut.

777E8524-BA50-4365-8FF8-09478F52955F.jpeg

Here’s the interior tub so far. Now I have to modify the brake pedal to make it narrower. I’m going to put in a clutch pedal and the stick shift from a AMT Chevy truck kit. I’m not going to worry about doing Mitch with the tranny that’s molded into the chassis. Here’s where I’m at with the seat. I’m going to be cutting out the center section and giving it bucket seats with either a scratch built console or maybe put in a custom one, from a AMT Chevy kit.

37D1BD12-029C-4F51-AEB1-C92F6F6A3368.jpeg

3420EF0D-936A-4AEC-B6A9-AD5E205A7BA1.jpeg

47B5FED4-1EA7-4655-A316-06640DB8CF6F.jpeg

Yep, that it is. I’m having a lot of fun building it as well. Once I’m happy with all of the putty and sanding, I’ll start with primer guid coats. Then once I’m happy with how the primer turns out, I’ll start painting the truck. I’ll have the bed done long before the cab.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saltie Olds said:

Thinking about replacing this molded in spare with a actual wheel and tire, not sure though.

I wouldn't, for the effort involved, what's there paint details nicely. Best bang for the buck underneath is to give it proper tail pipes. Just cut and grind away the last straight piece from tip to where the curve begins, and replace with some tubing, and it will look way better. You can see my take on the chassis of the dually here: P1020932.JPG

5 hours ago, bisc63 said:

I wouldn't, for the effort involved, what's there paint details nicely. Best bang for the buck underneath is to give it proper tail pipes. Just cut and grind away the last straight piece from tip to where the curve begins, and replace with some tubing, and it will look way better. You can see my take on the chassis of the dually here: P1020932.JPG

Cool. Thanks for the idea. Could you show me more pictures of your truck please? Thank You. How are you liking my rig so far?