Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motor City NNL

ZTony8

The Motor City NNL and toy show and swap meet returns on November 13th,2022 at its usual location of the Macomb County College Sports and Expo Center. It's located at 12 Mile and Hayes in Warren, Michigan. It goes from 9 a.m. to 3p.m. The themes are Street Rods featuring the 90th anniversary of the'32 Ford. The sub theme is 75 years of JO-HAN and the cult theme is 75 years of Ferrari. The toy show/ swap area is again sold out with over 350 tables Admission to the show is still $5 and there's no extra charge to enter models in the NNL!  Bring your builds, lots of them. Show us what you've built and what you're working on.

• Like 1

Heads-up if you are headed to the NNL Motor City....there will be a large number (well over a hundred) back issues of model car magazines that will be free for the taking there.  These are being donated by the Estate of late modeler Chuck Helppie as well as clearing out duplicates from my own magazine collections. 

Includes issues of Model Cars, Scale Auto, Scale Auto Enthusiast, Scale Auto Modeller (UK publication), Motor Racing Models, Scale Auto Contest Annuals, Car Modeler Annuals, and more. 

Thanks to Steve Perry for handling the logistics of getting the magazines to the show floor. 

Feel free to take all the issues that you want, as whatever is left at the end of the show will go in the recycling bin...

Best....TIM 

On 11/9/2022 at 8:05 AM, tim boyd said:

Heads-up if you are headed to the NNL Motor City....there will be a large number (well over a hundred) back issues of model car magazines that will be free for the taking there.  These are being donated by the Estate of late modeler Chuck Helppie as well as clearing out duplicates from my own magazine collections. 

Includes issues of Model Cars, Scale Auto, Scale Auto Enthusiast, Scale Auto Modeller (UK publication), Motor Racing Models, Scale Auto Contest Annuals, Car Modeler Annuals, and more. 

Thanks to Steve Perry for handling the logistics of getting the magazines to the show floor. 

Feel free to take all the issues that you want, as whatever is left at the end of the show will go in the recycling bin...

Best....TIM 

Someone on another forum speculated that they would all be gone by the time the doors opened to the public.  Don't think so.  There are closer to 200 magazines, and multiple copies of some issues.  I don't know where exactly they'll be placed on the floor at the NNL Motor City, but keep your eyes out and grab a few if you find them...TIM '

3 hours ago, paul alflen said:

Thanks, Tim for heads up on the magazines. When I got there at 730AM Sunday there were about a hundred mags left. In that pile was Model Cars mag no 1 vol 1. Thanks for the heads up! also thank Steve Perry for the delivery of them!

Paul....Steve told me later that they disappeared really quickly....all long gone by the time I got there about 9:50am.  Saw a few for sale on vendor tables later...oh well...better there than in the recycling bin! 

Glad to know you grabbed that MCM #1 and that it found a good home!  Cheers...TIM