Model Cars Magazine Forum

Inappropriate forum behavior

WELL' (Apostrophe! Why?)HERE WE GO - MORE COMPLAING (complaining?) AND OFF-TOPIC STUFF :( .

shouting-at-a-computer.jpg

I THINK THIS DEAD HOARSE (hoarse from yelling or horse the 4 legged equine?) HAS BEEN BEATIN' ( Did you mean beaten or Beating?)TO DEATH SEVERAL TIMES OVER :huh::huh: .

HARRY, LET'S PUT AN END TO THIS, AND GET BACK TO HAVING MODELING FUN :P .

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY ;):lol: GEEEEEZ ;) .

Party Pooper!! :o:huh:

Sorry, Dave! We are having fun.

Edited by Modelmartin

I'm thinking that maybe he meant to spell it that way, and that perhaps it rhymes with "tuba."

The only question: Is it pronounced "byoo-buh" or "boo-buh?"

I'm going with the latter ... :lol::lol:

I was thinking the latter myself..."boob-huh" or "boob-aah". That's my 2 cents.

Could be misspelled Yiddish "bubala". That's another 2 cents.

If it was meant to be "Bubba" - Priceless.

Okay, I changed the avatar to something more web friendly. I'm on DSL so there's no hangups with web speed on my end. BTW, DSL is not much more expensive than dial-up where it's available in your area.

I don't pay quite $40 a month for it and I have 3MBPS speed which is more than adequate for what I need on the web. You can get lower speeds for less money and it will still beat dial-up by a long shot. ;)

I don't have dial-up myself. I only have one choice for service of high speed. Here in the boondocks some areas still do not have high speed as an option. Pretty crazy in this day and age. I have cable TV all around me but my neighbors and I can not get it. We have to have satellite TV. Again just crazy.

my mother allways told me if you cant say any thing nice DONT SAY ANY THING AT ALL

if you do not like what i post DONT READ THEM I AM BUBBA IF THAT OFFENDS U man up and deal with it i am not here to deal with old cranky people i am here to have fun share build ideas some of you act worse then kids i came here to learn and have fun

i did not come here to deal with rivit heads who feel the need to point out every falt

some people have learning disablitys perhaps is some took the time to catch on that NO ONE IS PERFECT this whoud be a better place

JUST A THOUGHT

my mother allways told me if you cant say any thing nice DONT SAY ANY THING AT ALL

if you do not like what i post DONT READ THEM I AM BUBBA IF THAT OFFENDS U man up and deal with it i am not here to deal with old cranky people i am here to have fun share build ideas some of you act worse then kids i came here to learn and have fun

i did not come here to deal with rivit heads who feel the need to point out every falt

some people have learning disablitys perhaps is some took the time to catch on that NO ONE IS PERFECT this whoud be a better place

JUST A THOUGHT

Hey Bubba, just a note to let you know that as per signing up to the MCM board you are to post your real name either as your user name or in your signature line. I'm just saying....

Chris

My $0.02

Anyone who is cognitive enough to piece together a few sentences should be able to handle a period or two separating those sentences. Learning disability or not. Just makes things SO much easier to read. And yeah, I have disabilities... before someone starts throwin' fists... ;)

Edited by Ryan Quantz

That was well said Mark! While I'm not one to point out someones deficiencies in writing and basic grammar, I myself have also ignored posts where I couldn't make sense of what was being said without suffering a near aneurysm! :P

One of my biggest gripes in society today is this-------with as much as I pay in property taxes via my mortgage there should be NO REASON why anyone in this country should leave school without learning the basics about reading, spelling, good grammar, etc.

I figure you're getting a FREE education via my tax dollars..............use it wisely!!

I'm not talking about those with a severe learning disability, and where English is not their first language. If one can navigate the web to find different sites, you'd think somehow at least through osmosis one could learn some basic rules of English.

Like you said Mark a lot of it comes down to shear laziness and not wanting to take the initiative to learn basic good spelling/grammar. I know this is not an English class, but since this is the only way we can communicate without hearing the spoken word (those that have heard me speak KNOW I have distinctive voice! ;)) one needs to be understood without the other person having to struggle to wonder what the heck do they mean.

Just my 2¢.

Like you said Mark a lot of it comes down to shear laziness...

That's sheer laziness... :P

Sorry... but if you're going to make a point about correct spelling, grammar, etc... well, you know.

I don't mean that in any way as a slam on you, Bill... but I think maybe we're all being a little hard on "buba" or "bubba" or whoever he wants to be. I agree that we should all do our best to try and be coherent, but maybe he is doing his best! Who knows? We all come from very different backgrounds and have very different educational levels. It's impossible for us to know what the next man's situation is by simply reading his posts.

Maybe we should all just give the guy a break?

Whell ju guyses better no esppec me to get no gooder caz thees iss tha bes ju gonna get!!! An I no gonna splane it no gooder! :P;););) I LOFF thees place!!!! AN ALL ju guyses!!!

Well, George, of course you know you get a special exemption!!! :D Just for joo! :D

do u think ity is funny to make fun of some one with a learing disablity NEWS FLASH IT AINT FUNNY not in the least bit if some of you are goine to behave like sh## heads and rip on people who have disablitys then there is no reason for me or others like me to be here

:P;) Not pure Dutch, mind you.......but it was the way I structured my sentences in some instances I was once told, and the way I said certain things and words.

It's funny because ever since they (the folks down South) pointed it out, I DO notice the way folks talk in this part of PA.

True story: Back in the late '80's I called this national radio program that came on the weekends at night to request a song. I got into a VERY nice conversation with the young lady and the subject of race came up. She sounded SURPRISED that she was talking to a black guy and not a white guy.

I had to remind her that not all black guys sound like they just busted out of the ghetto! She apologized profusely, and we got a good laugh out of it, but what's that saying about not "judging a book by its cover". :D

Regardless of if you have a learning disability or not, "u" is not a word and you should be able to spell somewhat properly. :P

Edit: Something I learned elsewhere is if you have trouble spelling and don't have spell checker on your browser, simply type your responses in Word and use the spell checker there.

Edited by YJIslander

No matter one's race or upbringing, a lot of our speech patterns & dialect are molded & influenced by the area we grow up in.

:P

True enough... maybe because my family wasn't native to the area, and that I spent my jr high and high school years in S. Florida, I never picked up an E. Ohio/W. Pa accent/dialect from my childhood there. When I'm back in the area, I really notice the Pittsburgh and E. Ohio/N. WV accents..

Edited by Rob Hall

Very true Bill. I remember meeting Tiran Porter...

You met Tiran Porter? That's pretty cool.

Totally Off Topic comment... I love the "pre-Mike McDonald" Doobies... they were really good. B) Toulouse Street and The Captain and Me are about as good as "pop rock" gets, IMO...

OK... back to our topic.

Wow, you guys are really giving buba the hose. Suppose his disability is much worse and this is after many years off hard work or perhaps he is deaf? should he have to defend that as well?

Treat others as you want to be treated regardless of mental-physical state, disability or not.

>down to shear laziness

on correction: thats what happens when one is in a hurry.

no, thats what happens when one depends on a spell checker.

first one of you guys who thinks youre perfect, you throw the stone at buba.

not many stones i see.

blow it off buba and build a model. meanwhile my vote is to disappear this thread.

Buba, this is not the first time the folks here have made their feelings known about your posts. Still you make no effort to improve. If you are able to use a PC to find this forum and participate, you are more than capable of using a spell check/ grammar checker. Several browsers have one built in so that it will check your spelling anywhere you are typing.

I belive that you do have a learning disability. I also believe that you have a lazy streak a mile wide and could really care less that we cannot read what you post. But yet you want to post and participate.

So you can either take steps to improve your communication skills or live with the fact that the people that can help you improve your skills and trade with you, have you on an "ignore" list.

Simple really. Wouldn't it be great never to have this issue come up again?