Model Cars Magazine Forum

Completed: AMG Mercedes S600 Coupe

Eric C

This is Tamiya's AMG Mercedes S600 Coupe, built box stock and painted Tamiya's TS-55 Dark Blue with Testors Camo Grey for the interior. I repainted the kits chrome wheels with Tamiya TS-30 Silver Leaf. I had a lot of problem with the metal tranfers that came in this kit. I'm not sure if it was just the age of the kit or maybe it had gotten hot but the transfers wouldn't release from the clear backing and stick to the car. Even though I tried to remove them letter by letter and place them on the car with tweezers I still had no luck. So the AMG on the back of the trunk is a decal from another kit and the "V12" emblems on the "C" pillars are missing. Other-wise, this kit went together great without any problems.

Thanks for looking...

100_0757.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0751.jpg

100_0748.jpg

100_0747.jpg

100_0758.jpg

Looks great 8) I really enjoyed building my S600 (non AMG) coupe. Loved how the engine fits together nicely w/o any glue when you're test-fitting. You can't get much better in a Tamiya kit than one of these.

I miss you guys down in Atlanta. Can't wait to get back and back building.

Thanks everybody.

It's been brought to my attention (thankfully) that I forgot to finish the exhaust tips...... :oops: (I hate making those kinds of simple mistakes, oh well...)

Bob, get your mom taken care of and you'll be back in Atlanta and building in no time...... We miss you down here too.