Model Cars Magazine Forum

T.V. TOMMY IVO TRUCK,TRILER,AND 'WAGON MASTER"

John Teresi

HELLO......MY NAME IS JOHN TERESI AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST......I HOPE IT WORKS OK?.......THIS IS MY T.V. TOMMY IVO TRIBUTE BUILD......THE CAB TRUCK WAS A SWAPMEET FIND......I STRIPPED THE PAINT....ADDED STYRENE FOR A LOW PROFILE LOOK......SCRATCH BUILT TOOL BOX AND FIFTH WHEEL......ENGINE WIRED AND PLUMBED.....NEW GLASS....H.O.K. BLACK AND ALCLAD WHEELS AND GRILL......TRAILER WAS A REVELL REFRIGERATOR TRAILER KIT.......I REWORKED EVERYTHING ON IT USING REFERENCE PICTURES.......ALL STRIPES AND GRAPHICS AIRBRUSHED......SLIXX DECALS.....SRATCH BUILT AC UNIT AND HEATERS.....RAMPS AND OFFICE.....REMOVABLE TOP H.O.K BLACK AND ALCLAD........'WAGON MASTER" IS A KIWI JACK RESIN BODY FROM AUSTRALIA......WHOOPIE KAT DECALS......I AIBRUSHED OVER THE DECALS TO MAKE THEM MORE COLORFUL......H.O.K. BLACK......ALCLAD......SCRATCH BUILT RACK AND SIDE PANELS.....WIRED AND PLUMBED USING REFERENCE PICTURES.......PRO- TECH WIRE LOOMS AND GAUGES......BODY AND FRONT CLIP REMOVABLE AND UNDERNEATH IS THE 'SHOWBOAT" BODY........SO I HAVE TWO CARS IN ONE.THANK`S FOR LOOKING.

DSCF6500-1.jpg

DSCF6517.jpg

DSCF6589.jpg

DSCF6542.jpg

DSCF6537.jpg

DSCF6560.jpg

Edited by JOHN TERESI

This really speaks to me John. Where did the body come from......etc?

While it's a known car I've never seen one in scale. Resin stuff?

Inquiring minds and all.

Bob

bob......i have made 2 of these 'wagonmasters".......the first one i used a "speed city resin" kit........they go for around $40.00......the decals are from "whoopiekat decals"......the secound one i built the resin body was from "kiwi jack' from australia for about $25.00 the decals again from "whoopiekat decals".Thank`s john

That truly is a very cool "set"! Love the detail on the Wagonmaster.

One question:

EXACTLY where does one find the "Kiwi Jack" resin stuff? Dave.....if you are familiar "vintage drag models inc." ....... go to the site and look for a guy by the name of Ian he goes by "Fuel to Big"..... he knows how to get a hold of "kiwi Jack".......I have lost his email......also "speed city resin" also sells the body but, a for a little more money......John