Model Cars Magazine Forum

New forum "skins"

Sorry, I have to disagree. LOL. Blue pro has me won ovver now! If only I could do it on IE* instead of fire fox. It wont keep me logged into anything and I cant stand logging in, esp. when I have several passwords and its hard for me to remember wich ones for wich sites! Hopefully whenever I want to come here, I can remember to use the fox, otherwise, Im still gonna use IE*!! Sure wish this would work properly with it!! Jody

Skins... *Pfffft!* :lol:Why can't they just call it what it is?

Your background colors is on the bottom left!

I agree with the mob! Comfy is earthy... but then again, it's also the only one I tried :P

Oh, and the text menu box decided to move to the top of the reply box at some point today! Life just keeps getting better!

For one thing, it's not just background colors.

The skins or templates dictate how the page is laid out in CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), and it is applied to every page in that set.

It says what fonts are used, the icons/images for threads, posts, etc.

I will work on adding the MCM logo to all the skins/templates in the next day or so.

I will also work on the links on top of page, adding the auction site, links to main web site, and more coming soon.

2010 is going to be a great year!

Haouli makahiki ho

I like the new look and new features....especially the chat room! Thanks Gregg and Harry!

I see an option to change my display name, which I would LOVE to do.....but it says I don't have persmission. Can either of you please do it for me? I don't use "awbcrazy" anywhere....I would like to use my well known user name if you can please change it for me.

It's RodBurNeR

Thanks again!

Guest promodmerc

Found a glitch with using the comfy skin. Pics load too far to the right and cut half of the image off. It does not do this if using the defalt IP board skin.

With comfy the tool bar does not block what you type like the default skin.

Edited by promodmerc

You know what I just realized? This new forum skin change....makes MCM load FAST! I know there was a lot of complaints awhile back about how slow it was loading and it seems like everyone got past it. I never did get past it and I am a computer geek....so I know it was not on MY end. The new skins did something and I like it much better now that it doesn't take forever to open a thread. THANKS AGAIN! cool.gif

I am using the "comfy" one....but I kinda like the ProBlue also.

I know there are some other settings that have to be adjusted.

Mind you, the developers are all over the world, and time zones being as they are, prompt replies are not the norm.

Just have patience, enjoy the holidays, and BUILD A MODEL!!!!