Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Dodge Charger

Jared Roach

So I went and got the newly reissued 67 and it will look some what like this:

I will be going for a similer look as that one, by widening the rear stock rims and I will scratch build the daytona wing, but not sure about paint yet.

ccrp_0412_1_z1966_dodge_chargerfront.jpg

ccrp_0412_2_z1966_dodge_chargerrear.jpg

ccrp_0412_6_z1966_dodge_chargerwheels.jpg

I got the front cut off and hinged. Right now it has cragars but i will swap them out for the magnum 500's later. I was going to use the rear tires from the revell chevelle, but I'm gonna find something that is wider.

sonoma037-2.jpg

sonoma038-2.jpg

sonoma039-2.jpg

sonoma042-2.jpg

I still have alot of adjusting to do to the front so it sits right. Here is the hinge. I couldn't run one hinge across the whole front of the frame, so instead i made two small ones and and put one on each fender. I also cut away radiator so the fenders will clear it.

sonoma050-1.jpg

sonoma043-1.jpg

sonoma052-1.jpg

I plan on working on the firewall, the daytona wing, and the interior here soon, but i gotta fix the front end it's pretty crooked.

Thanks for looking guys.

Kool project you have going on there. I like how the tilt nose works on the body line.

I built one very similar to what you have started a few years ago.

P1011112-vi.jpg

The front inner fenders need a lot of work to get a wide tire in there.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks everybody!

Now some might be disapointed and others happy, but I'm not going to do the daytona wing. For two reasons:

1) The angle that the trunk is shaped and slopes would be difficult to mount it on there

2) I really don't want the hassle of taping around that rear end with all those curves for the stripe.

So now with that outta the way here's a update!

So I got the fire wall on, and the front end sits alot better after some tweeking, but still needs some work.

sonoma054-1.jpg

sonoma067.jpg

I assembled all the pieces to be orange on the hemi and painted it, still need to do the transmission and the valve covers painted black semi gloss black.

sonoma060.jpg

The whole interior is painted semigloss black and needs some more detailing.

sonoma071.jpg

The color I chose is model master Fathom Green. YES, I know it's a GM color, but I thought it would look nice in it.

sonoma082.jpg

The chassis was primed, then oversprayed, then the front frame was done in black. Yes I know it's not correct, but it isn't really stock.

sonoma072-1.jpg

Whats next? I gotta fill the fire wall and build it up along the sides like here:

sonoma062.jpg

sonoma064-1.jpg

Won't be too hard though, so look for a update soon guys because I'm crusing along on this one.

Thanks for lookin guys.

Kool project you have going on there. I like how the tilt nose works on the body line.

I built one very similar to what you have started a few years ago.

P1011112-vi.jpg

The front inner fenders need a lot of work to get a wide tire in there.

Keep up the good work.

hey tim i love it what rims did you use have anymore pics of this one?

I'm with Tim... add the wing.

If you don't want to mess with paintng the white stripe, you could either use white decal paper and do the stripe as a decal, or skip it altogether... maybe just paint the wing white. That wing looks really cool on a '66 or '67 Charger.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JamesDE

I almost bought this kit today.... Sure wish I had, always liked this style Charger...

Great work on it so far... That tilt front end looks really good bro...