Model Cars Magazine Forum

Randy Lammers is back on the Hobby Heaven board

i really do'nt knowwhat to think he might be juts som body who is palying around and not realy nammed randy lammers but what doe i know and if it is juts someboddy palying a big joak THEN THEY CAN GO PUT THIER HEAD IN A TIOLET AND GET A CSC SWIRLEE NOBOYD LISSENS TO ME YUO IDOIOTS

B):blink::o:huh:;):):D:P

The spotlight message board get's bombed on a daily basis by trolls and disgruntled/banned ex-users...

This is nothing new, folks.

Once this "Lammers" guy get's banned, he'll come back as somebody different, and the saga will continue.

Like I said, it's a daily issue over there. "Lammers" is just the current "Troll of the day".......Tomorrow it'll be somebody like...."Lenny Roberts"......or the like.

Personally, I think they like the entertainment and nonsense over there. otherwise a strict memeber registration/log in process would be required in order to post, but that has never been the case, so trolls post away at will and enjoy agitating that message board with minimal resistance & consequence.

I don't know Jeff. There has been far less drama over there than there has been here in the last few months. Until recently I'd go there for the fun and here for the drama. Fortunately it has mellowed here and far more enjoyable. (Not saying there hasn't been any drama there just not as bad as it was here for awhile.)

Oh I'm probably going to get myself into trouble but here goes... It depends on what you want Johny. I'm one who loves both these boards but if I was forced to choose just one I would go with Spotlight Board. Here I am forced to look at stuff category by category. Over there it is just one stream of consciousness and I end up checking trucks, drag cars and other stuff that may not interest me but it's next in line so I check it out and by default get a more balanced view of the model car hobby. Here I skip a lot of the categories like Drag Racing and Big Boyz and Model Trucks as they just don't generally grab me. I know the other board is considered 'old' technology but I find it easier and more enjoyable to use. This is by no means a slam against this one as I really enjoy being here too it's just a matter of preference.

Actually, there's a rather entertaining bit of history here ...

About 10 years ago, Mr. Lammers appeared on the then-Hobby Heaven board seeking assistance with Bare-Metal Foil. People genuinely tried to answer his questions and to help him _ one person even went so far as to offer to foil his model for him if he'd mail it to them.

His response was to berate everyone who tried to assist him and tell them they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. Bob Downie was one of the ones he yelled at, hence, that rather disturbing photo! :lol:;)

He's doing basically the same thing this time, except the topic is stripping paint.

I wonder if it's the same guy from way back when, or just somebody who has "revived" the "Randy Lammers" name for additional trolling use.

I've heard Tom has recently banned a bunch of people, perhaps that's why there's a sudden increase in nonsense there lately?

I haven't posted much there lately, but I've lurked from time to time and seen some weird names/handles popping up and causing issues.

Oh I'm probably going to get myself into trouble but here goes... It depends on what you want Johny. I'm one who loves both these boards but if I was forced to choose just one I would go with Spotlight Board. Here I am forced to look at stuff category by category. Over there it is just one stream of consciousness and I end up checking trucks, drag cars and other stuff that may not interest me but it's next in line so I check it out and by default get a more balanced view of the model car hobby. Here I skip a lot of the categories like Drag Racing and Big Boyz and Model Trucks as they just don't generally grab me. I know the other board is considered 'old' technology but I find it easier and more enjoyable to use. This is by no means a slam against this one as I really enjoy being here too it's just a matter of preference.

I pop back and forth between several forums...Hobby heaven/Spotlight was the first forum I began posting on, but then I was told about this place and found the seperate categories here, a bit easier to sort through...I still lurk and occasionally post at Spotlight, but MCM is kind of my home base Forum.

Yes, I also visit SA from time to time.....[there!! I said it!].....I do enjoy seeing Clay Kemp's work and a couple other guys who post there, [but I don't have an account to post topics or comments]. I prefer the MCM format for posting....especially pics. I think at SA you can only post 2 or 3 pics at a time....although you can just keep adding additional image replies to your own post as a way to increase pic count.

A. If one wants to read this board in "stream of consciousness"...view it via "View New Content" link to the upper right, next to board rules and right under the "search" button. Voila...all the latest messages grouped together in the order they appear on the forum by time and date, just like the woefully outdated Model T style board at Spotlight. I don't even pay attention to what various subforums the subjects come from. I read the subject matter, and if it's of interest, I open it. Unless you've been away for a week or longer, it's the easiest way to catch up.

B. I've never been convinced "Randy Lammers" was a real person vs. a fictitious character, of which there have been many before, but I seem to remember Tom Carter chiming in once that Lammers was one of his customers. If so, money talks...he's never been banned. Then again, there may be more than one person who over the years has posted using that name. Sadly 20% of my life has gone by while the model world has been "entertained" by a Randy Lammers...

A. If one wants to read this board in "stream of consciousness"...view it via "View New Content" link to the upper right, next to board rules and right under the "search" button. Voila...all the latest messages grouped together in the order they appear on the forum by time and date, just like the woefully outdated Model T style board at Spotlight. I don't even pay attention to what various subforums the subjects come from. I read the subject matter, and if it's of interest, I open it. Unless you've been away for a week or longer, it's the easiest way to catch up.

B. I've never been convinced "Randy Lammers" was a real person vs. a fictitious character, of which there have been many before, but I seem to remember Tom Carter chiming in once that Lammers was one of his customers. If so, money talks...he's never been banned. Then again, there may be more than one person who over the years has posted using that name. Sadly 20% of my life has gone by while the model world has been "entertained" by a Randy Lammers...

A. That's my M.O.

B. But this RL has the same email address and ISP as the old RL of BMF fame. The style is identical, and too way out there to even be imitated, IMHO.

As an aside, he is ballistic over "stripping" paint and also over "stiping" paint. He would be inflamed by the suggestion that he is too stupid to spell stripping correctly, so one must assume that he intended to type "striping" also. No one has yet had the Rocky Mountain Oysters to suggest to him that he use Bare Metal Foil to make more precise 'stiping' separation lines. Cowards! :lol:

NEWSFLASH!

This just in ... all of Randy Lammers' threads (yes, multiple) relating to paint "stripping" have just been deleted from the Spotlight Hobbies board. However, his thread relating to paint "striping" remains intact. :lol:

I rest my case. :lol:

Okay, here goes,

"To achieve best results in applying paint stripes to your model, Randy, first start by outlining the area you desire to stripe with Bare Metal Foil. Next, use masking tape to ... " Wait ... what was that? ... was that a nuclear explosion at Randy's house? ;):blink:

ph34r.gifph34r.gif

B. But this RL has the same email address and ISP as the old RL of BMF fame. The style is identical, and too way out there to even be imitated, IMHO.

No one has yet had the Rocky Mountain Oysters to suggest to him that he use Bare Metal Foil to make more precise 'stiping' separation lines. Cowards! :D

Well, what's stopping you? ;) ;) :D

Hmmmm.. I'll tell you one thing - this board ain't got nuthin' like that sweet little blond chickee doll that's holding the models that are on special!!!!!!!!! Boy, talk about eye candy! What a sweetheart!!!! Makes a guy wanna drop by just to see what she has on sale this week!!! :D :D :D

Ummmm, who looks to be all of 15 ... :blink:

I agree....

Some of those "ladies" seem "borderline" to me.

If I was Tom, I don't think I'd be snapping lots of pics of female subject matter in that age bracket....As they say..."15 will get you 20"... :)

I Know it's all quite harmless, but you know how some townsfolk get about young girls and older guys with cameras....It just doesn't look good. Sounds like a court case just waiting to happen... :(:)