Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets see your work bench

bajaboy5b

My bench is based on one I built back when I was a kid, and that bench was based on plans that were in the old Car Model magazine back in the late 60's. Most of it is from scrap lumber.

wb3.jpg

Pegboard on the back wall for hanging stuff.

wb2.jpg

wb1.jpg

If you look carefully, you can see the top of a rocking chair in the lower right hand corner. That is so my wife can come down and sit with me and chatter on while I am building. Believe it or not, it makes my model building experience much more enjoyable, cuz I don't have to listen to her complain that we never get any time together.

My bench is based on one I built back when I was a kid, and that bench was based on plans that were in the old Car Model magazine back in the late 60's. Most of it is from scrap lumber.

http://images9.fotki.com/v212/fileplys/8848c/1/1625291/9253344/wb3.jpg

Pegboard on the back wall for hanging stuff.

http://images9.fotki.com/v212/fileplys/8848c/1/1625291/9253344/wb2.jpg

http://images9.fotki.com/v212/fileplys/8848c/1/1625291/9253344/wb1.jpg

If you look carefully, you can see the top of a rocking chair in the lower right hand corner. That is so my wife can come down and sit with me and chatter on while I am building. Believe it or not, it makes my model building experience much more enjoyable, cuz I don't have to listen to her complain that we never get any time together.

Funny, Laura has recently started sitting in my "office" while I play lately. I agree, adds enjoyment.

Its been a few years since I've taken pictures, but it really hasn't changed much with exception to what is being built on the bench:

pictures start by walking in and going clockwise.

room7-vi.jpg

room8-vi.jpg

room9-vi.jpg

room10-vi.jpg

That's the gist of it. I have a room attached to it as well that is storage right now, but once the boys are out of the house it will be my display room. I have a Hobby Shop display case as well as the case you see in the first picture for built kits.

Chris

I ran across this thread a couple of weeks ago and was so disappointed that I could not participate. However, my camera and knowledge of the workings of photobucket, (DUH-I been lerned) and we have the operator error fixed. So, here goes;

First shots are the gutted 12ft single wide mobile home that I picked up for free. Was using it for storage and planning on remodeling it into a full blown, stand alone, hobby room. Unfortunately it continued to fall apart as my budget continued to fall short. You can see that my 5.0 block shares the space.

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

Next is the 10ft x 16ft portable building that is the current/temporary hobby room in order to have a place to work as well as keep the mud daubers out. But, I have to share the space with several hundred books due to my wife having a large collection associated with homeschooling our kids for the last 12 yrs. (Is still called the classroom, even though this house has the room inside to teach)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg