Model Cars Magazine Forum

New project 37 Cord Conv.

walt francis

Ok now you guys are scaring me.....WHAT CAN OF WORMS DID I OPEN HERE ? B)

There are two kit available for this Cord. An AMT kit and the Pyro/Lindberg kit. One kit is fine, the other has induced more bashing-the-kit-with-a-hammer attacks than any other. Guess which one you got there?

I've built both the Auburn and the Lincoln in this (Lindberg) series and, in my opinion, they both should have been pulled off the shelves and re-mastered long ago! However, when we remember that they were first issued by Pyro back in the '60's and that WE ARE MODELLERS!!!, then I guess we should appreciate that they even exist at all. I do have a problem with the ridiculous prices that they seem to be fetching for such a poorly produced kit in the 21st century.

Your doing a great job so far, so don't give up on it! If you glue the hood shut and do something about the wheels, you can turn it into a decent curb side. (Unless you want to superdetail the engine.... then I wish you the best of luck!)

By the way, both my models went back in the box, after I had primer on them. I'd just run out of enthusiasm. But now I may take another look......

Cheers,

Tony

Just wanted to drop a line to you guys and thank you for your support on this project as it always helps keep the steam rolling and makes me want to go futher into it and get it done.

Dave I would be flattered to have you use my pics for Reference, that is why I post so many pics so someone else can learn from my mistakes. :)

The back half is together now and just have a little bit more seam work but it's coming along, it's just mocked up to the sides.

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

Just a little more seam work left on the front fenders....If you don't like sanding this is not the car to do.

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

WOW!walt you were right that looks just as complicated as the monte carlo. The body even comes in peices? :lol::)

The Cord is a classic beauty and needs no improvement. I think a Cord streetrod would be an abomination, rather like putting a monster truck frame under a Duesenberg. That's just my opinion... respectfully submitted, of course. :)

Regards,

David G.

hi walt what version are you going to do? i think you know what my opinion is the hot rod looks great the wheels look nice on it but i love stock.Oh well etherway you do it it will look good looking at yours makes me want to get one(simple kit) of course :)