Model Cars Magazine Forum

Titled as '40 Dodge, but in all honesty the only '40 Dodge components are the cab and box. Hood, front fenders, grille, headlights, are all '39 Plymouth. 350/350 Chev combo, 10-bolt posi, front disc, rear drum power brakes, tilt wheel, power steering, 65 Mustang radiator, Postal Jeep gas tank, Custom steelies with center caps and trim rings, Auto Meter gauges 46 Ford frame with '75 Camaro front clip.

Truck3.jpg

40.jpg

Since my car has not come back from the shop, I may have to start driving these, but to be honest, I would rather drive these then my other half Beetle, I can not stand that car, nor driving it , uggggggggggg!!

p1-3.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Titled as '40 Dodge, but in all honesty the only '40 Dodge components are the cab and box. Hood, front fenders, grille, headlights, are all '39 Plymouth. 350/350 Chev combo, 10-bolt posi, front disc, rear drum power brakes, tilt wheel, power steering, 65 Mustang radiator, Postal Jeep gas tank, Custom steelies with center caps and trim rings, Auto Meter gauges 46 Ford frame with '75 Camaro front clip.

Truck3.jpg

40.jpg

Ladies and Gents. We have a Winner. Build a model of it!

Since my car has not come back from the shop, I may have to start driving these, but to be honest, I would rather drive these then my other half Beetle, I can not stand that car, nor driving it , uggggggggggg!!

p1-3.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all. If the PD has a sense of humor, I think you'd have a ball commuting with either of these.

G

Not bad, not bad at all. If the PD has a sense of humor, I think you'd have a ball commuting with either of these.

G

They do have plates on them, granted off road plates, but plates still :lol: I dont think the car seat would fit on there very well

Disclaimer

I would never try putting my babys car seat on one those, that was a joke

Haha I did, it wouldnt work, so I just hooked the yard trailer, and drove her around it that for a few minutes around the yard

I didnt want to be flamed for putting my child in danger or something, thats why I said that.

She loves the quads and riding lawn mower :lol:

There is an employee at the local walmart that does ride his quad to work, I have seen him getting on at night to leave, I guess he lives in the neighbor hood right the road from the store, its kind of a funny site, you would understand if you saw it .

Edited by martinfan5

Hey Christian, if ya can get hold of a P76 go ahead and get one as they worth a fortune. Built back in the 1970's they cost British Leyland so much that it sent the company broke here in Australia, they only built 18,000 of them and most fell apart in the first 2 years on the road. Ours has been completely rebuilt form the ground up and cost as much to do that as it did to buy it new in 1973 this particular model is an Executive with all alloy V8 auto trans and runs on LPGas (propane) otherwise we couldn't afford to run it, our other cars run on LPG as well.

Dingo B)

Okay, I'll dive in. I have the two that I really don't drive much (sold the ZR-1 recently because it was just too much power and too harsh for my old bones. It was a great ride for 10 years):

009-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

But these are the ones we normally haul ourselves around in. Suburbans are just so useful and "safe":

0013-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

005-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Our now feeling neglected and under-used T&C van (great when friends come to town):

003-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

And, my wife's favorite roller skate (gets 27 mpg around town):

100_8974-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by deja-view

I have a 2001 Crown Vic Interceptor, they are pretty quick for a big car, relatively inexpensive, get decent mileage, are comfortable, easy to maintain, and people get the hell out of my way on the road.

You'd think a retired Cop would have something other than what was their work car, but I like 'em.

My wife drives an 05 Pontiac Montana.

I am planning on finding myself an 02-04 Mustang GT and selling the beasty.

I haven't had any fun toys in a long time.

My last fun one was a 1991 Mustang 5.0 I bought when I got back from the Persian Gulf War in 1991.

Man, I miss that car............

Hey Christian, if ya can get hold of a P76 go ahead and get one as they worth a fortune. Built back in the 1970's they cost British Leyland so much that it sent the company broke here in Australia, they only built 18,000 of them and most fell apart in the first 2 years on the road. Ours has been completely rebuilt form the ground up and cost as much to do that as it did to buy it new in 1973 this particular model is an Executive with all alloy V8 auto trans and runs on LPGas (propane) otherwise we couldn't afford to run it, our other cars run on LPG as well.

Dingo B)

I have my tentacles out on an ex-Leyland press demonstrator here in England. They wanted to market them over here, but the idea was ultimately nixed, because Leyland decided not to give the well established Jaguars in-house competition in this market segment.

It is an executive with the 4.4 litre V8 and believed to be the last remaining of five press cars.

It changed hands several times in the past 5 or so years, with every owner carrying out some work on the car. For the moment, I lost track of it, but I'm sure it will resurface sooner or later. And I'm convinced my name is written on it somewhere.

Btw, there is also a Force 7 in the country, which was used by Lord Stokes himself.

so that Skyline that you also have is converted to run on LPG? care to share any pics of the special parts? i'm really into Skylines and would like to see the details of that

Dito. What kind of mileage per a tank? And how big a tank? Edited by hotrod59f100

My appology to all for the mistake on the Skyline sorry guys no it doesn't run on Gas the cost outweighted the benefits, I wasn't trying to be misleading there just over enthusiatic when writting about the cars we are just so proud of this one and love it, to Christian just becareful eith the P76 double under the front floor carpets they tend to rust there in a serious way and getting parts is hard we where lucky as the Aussie Ford Falcon of the mid-late 60's has a floor pan that fits. On the Skyline here are a fe pix for those wanting to salutae over them.

000_1474.jpg

000_1473.jpg

000_1472.jpg

000_1470.jpg

000_1469.jpg

000_1375.jpg

000_1374.jpg

The reason it wasn't converted to LPG in the end was the cost, it was quoted at around $9,500aust to convert the car only cost the person who gave it to us $100aust, he bought a car raffle ticket also it was recomened not to put it n lpg as it would lose value if we wanted to sell it later on or if when my wife and I past it onto our son and he wanted to sell it, so hence no LPGas on it as I said before sorry for the misleading statement but all our other cars that we have and have had all ran on LPGas. Unfortunately it will not be a cheap fuel anymore in Australia as our Government has seen fit to add it to the list of fuels that polute the air we breath and it goes to a $1.20 a liter in April and then who knows wot in July when the carbon tax is added, oh well the fun of owning a car that pollutes.

Dingo B)

heres mine ...

no pic wife drives a 2000 dodge grand caravan with custom mix paint.. cold air w/ k/n filter . msd ign.. 178.000.

mine is a 96 eclipse... has a new jasper engine. 2.0 dohc. lowered, cold air k/n , 4 to 1 header w/stainless exhaust w/fart can ,msd ign, b/m short throw shifter, stage 2 clutch, oz f1 wheels. still have tons of upgrades to do . like turbo kit . 4in adj coils, 18s ,susp mods. an so on..

2012-03-29190157.jpg

2012-03-29190217.jpg

2012-03-29190230.jpg

2012-03-29190254.jpg

later days... davin

That is AWESOME!

Had one of these back in the '60's. It was a prety metallic green with Fenton mags and after I pulled the front bumper it sat much like this one. It just had a 283 with a pretty rumbly exhaust, was fun to cruise "K" street in Sacramento, but was too much of a box for anything very fast on the road. Ya won't believe it, but I got the car by trading a '58 Plymouth sedan for it a used carlot in Sacramento ---- straight across.

The Plymouth was in barely fair shape, too. However, about a year later I was looking for a dual exhaust setup for my 1960 Dodge Matador, and the guys I went to see actually had my old '58 Plymouth. It still looked the same, and given the hillbilly yard of the owners i wasn't expecting it to be any better. Until they opened the hood. These guys had dropped a hemi into the beater, and would go street racing almost every night. The car looked like ######, and I'm sure they baited a lot of suckers, because I'm sure it could flat fly. I hope they used some of their winnings to fix their teeth and buy some new T-shirts. ;)

my new Daily Driver/toy I just bought HIghway Interceptor! its only got 65000miles on it. Like brand new. And not allot of Idle time either.until I trade it off after summer.

Really, only winter time car?

It looks perty good.

I'd want one with the spot lights lights and grill guard but I'm waiting for the 2012 Dodge Chargers. :D